Old 10-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

Default Packaging Hobbit (network monitor) - anyone interested in helping out?

Roland Wolters wrote:

Hi list,

currently I am trying to package hobbit (client + server) for EPEL and Fedora.
I have to do that anyway, but it would be nice to have high quality packages
upstream in the EPEL/Fedora repositories.

[...]
- Installation:
Right now the server requires the client due to some files included with teh
client package. However, server and client must not run together, so the
question is if this should be checked at runtime (current solution) or with
package excludes (like razorsedge.org does, for example).

usually this can be handled by creating a hobbit-common package which
includes the stuff needed by both client and server and two other
packages, for client and for server.