Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Kevin Kofler

Default Fedora 9 spins beta???

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
> On page http://spins.fedoraproject.org/ in section "Fedora 9 spins" all
> present torrent files has description with "- **Beta**" suffixes. But
> nor section name nor file names has not include "Beta"... Furthermore,
> Fedora 9 long time is stable... I assume this is only error in
> description? Or we have not stable Fedora 9 spins yet?

Those are only the custom spins: Fedora Electronic Lab (lots of Electronics
software on it) and XFCE (the "third desktop", aiming at being lighterweight
than GNOME and KDE).

The official spins (installer DVD, "Desktop" (GNOME) and KDE) can be found at:
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

Kevin Kofler

Old 10-30-2008, 09:59 AM

Kevin Kofler пишет:

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
On page http://spins.fedoraproject.org/ in section "Fedora 9 spins" all
present torrent files has description with "- **Beta**" suffixes. But
nor section name nor file names has not include "Beta"... Furthermore,
Fedora 9 long time is stable... I assume this is only error in
description? Or we have not stable Fedora 9 spins yet?

Those are only the custom spins: Fedora Electronic Lab (lots of Electronics
software on it) and XFCE (the "third desktop", aiming at being lighterweight
than GNOME and KDE).

Off course. I do not known what is Electronic Lab, but I come here for
XFCE spin, which is not in official spins.

So if it is wrong maillist for that question may you point me right?

Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Kevin Kofler

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
> Off course. I do not known what is Electronic Lab, but I come here for
> XFCE spin, which is not in official spins.
>
> So if it is wrong maillist for that question may you point me right?

Well, I think the custom spins are still considered "beta". But for a definite
answer, you'll have to wait, it's the right mailing list, the people who know
the answer just haven't seen your post yet.

Kevin Kofler

Old 11-01-2008, 12:11 AM

Kevin Kofler пишет:

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
Off course. I do not known what is Electronic Lab, but I come here for
XFCE spin, which is not in official spins.

So if it is wrong maillist for that question may you point me right?

Well, I think the custom spins are still considered "beta". But for a definite
answer, you'll have to wait, it's the right mailing list, the people who know
the answer just haven't seen your post yet.

Ok, tank you, Kevin. I wait other answers...

And one more question concerning this: Do you plan make XFCE spin
official in near future?

Kevin Kofler

Old 11-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:

Kevin Kofler пишет:

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
Off course. I do not known what is Electronic Lab, but I come here
for XFCE spin, which is not in official spins.

So if it is wrong maillist for that question may you point me right?

Well, I think the custom spins are still considered "beta". But for a
definite answer, you'll have to wait, it's the right mailing list, the
people who know the answer just haven't seen your post yet.

Ok, tank you, Kevin. I wait other answers...

And one more question concerning this: Do you plan make XFCE spin
official in near future?

It is already official.

Rahul

Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 AM

Kevin Kofler пишет:

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
Off course. I do not known what is Electronic Lab, but I come here
for XFCE spin, which is not in official spins.

So if it is wrong maillist for that question may you point me right?

Well, I think the custom spins are still considered "beta". But for a
definite answer, you'll have to wait, it's the right mailing list,
the people who know the answer just haven't seen your post yet.

Ok, tank you, Kevin. I wait other answers...

And one more question concerning this: Do you plan make XFCE spin
official in near future?

It is already official.

Where???
I can't find any mention of XFCE on http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

Rahul

Old 11-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Kevin Kofler пишет:

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
Off course. I do not known what is Electronic Lab, but I come here
for XFCE spin, which is not in official spins.

So if it is wrong maillist for that question may you point me right?

Well, I think the custom spins are still considered "beta". But for
a definite answer, you'll have to wait, it's the right mailing list,
the people who know the answer just haven't seen your post yet.

Ok, tank you, Kevin. I wait other answers...

And one more question concerning this: Do you plan make XFCE spin
official in near future?

It is already official.

Where???
I can't find any mention of XFCE on http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

Everything hosted in http://spins.fedoraproject.org is considered official.

Rahul

Old 11-01-2008, 01:47 PM

Kevin Kofler пишет:

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
Off course. I do not known what is Electronic Lab, but I come here
for XFCE spin, which is not in official spins.

So if it is wrong maillist for that question may you point me right?

Well, I think the custom spins are still considered "beta". But for
a definite answer, you'll have to wait, it's the right mailing
list, the people who know the answer just haven't seen your post yet.

Ok, tank you, Kevin. I wait other answers...

And one more question concerning this: Do you plan make XFCE spin
official in near future?

It is already official.

Where???
I can't find any mention of XFCE on http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

Everything hosted in http://spins.fedoraproject.org is considered official.
Hm... What about first answer from Kevin Kofler what there custom spins
and all official spins on http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ ??

I misunderstood anything?

And if its spin also official, why there only Fedora 9 beta spins so far???

Rahul

Old 11-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Kevin Kofler

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus <forum <at> ru.bir.ru> writes:
> Hm... What about first answer from Kevin Kofler what there custom spins
> and all official spins on http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ ??

There are different levels of officialness. ;-)

The spins at torrent.fedoraproject.org are the primary, permanent ones:
installer DVD, GNOME ("Desktop"), KDE.

The spins at spins.fedoraproject.org are spins which have to get approved
at each release, to make sure they're still actively maintained. They have
approval to use the Fedora trademark and to be endorsed as products of the
Fedora Project. They are, however, not mirrored over HTTP/FTP/RSYNC (at
least not by Fedora - spin maintainers may of course make mirroring
arrangements outside of Fedora's infrastructure), only distributed through
BitTorrent, and they may get dropped in future releases if the maintainers
don't update them. The XFCE spin is in that category.

So what you really want to ask is if there are plans to make the XFCE spin
a "permanent" spin. But that doesn't depend only on the spin maintainers.

Kevin Kofler

Old 11-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Kevin Kofler

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> It is already official.

Shouldn't the description on spins.fedoraproject.org be changed to remove the
"BETA" label?

Kevin Kofler