Old 10-30-2008, 05:59 AM
Peter Gordon

Default Seeking New Maintainers: viaideinfo, pidgin-libnotify

Hi, all.

I am in need of new loving owners for both of these packages, which are
low-maintenance, having seen little to no recent upstream activity.

I have not orphaned them in PkgDB yet as I feel it is very unfair to the
community to simply drop my maintainership of these packages on the
verge of a new GA release cycle. So, for the near future I will happily
continue caring for them as best I can; but due to lack of appropriate
hardware and interest, respectively, I will likely be unable to properly
resolve any bugs or issues that arise in them.

***

viaideinfo [1,2] is a small piece of software created by Gentoo/kernel
developer Daniel Drake, which supersedes the functionality provided
by /proc/ide/via in older VIA IDE driver code and keeps it in userspace.
However, with the recent failure and replacement of my mother's desktop
machine, I no longer have any hardware with VIA chipsets in it.

Even though it has seen only very minor up- and downstream activity
recently, I feel that as a hardware-specific tool, it would be best
served by a maintainer who actually has the hardware in question so that
it can properly be tested/debugged as necessary.

[1] http://reactivated.net/software/viaideinfo/
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/viaideinfo

***

pidgin-libnotify [3,4] is plugin for Pidgin (formerly Gaim) which shows
configurable notifications for various actions (such as buddies signing
on or off, someone saying your name in a chat, etc.).

Since its initial packaging in December of 2006, its only major upstream
update has been for the Gaim --> Pidgin name change. Also, starting in
August of last year, I became the primary maintainer of Empathy and have
since been a strong proponent of the Telepathy stack, and a member of
the Fedora Telepathy SIG [5]. As someone who longer uses Pidgin (and
thus, this libnotify plugin), I feel it would be best served by a new
maintainer who actively uses it and is interested in its further
development.

[3] http://gaim-libnotify.sourceforge.net/
[4] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/pidgin-libnotify
[5] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Telepathy
***

Thanks, and Regards.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
「ゴードン・ピーター」

Old 10-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Erik van Pienbroek

Op woensdag 29-10-2008 om 23:59 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Peter
Gordon:
> I am in need of new loving owners for both of these packages, which are
> low-maintenance, having seen little to no recent upstream activity.

I want to take pidgin-libnotify.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek

Old 10-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Peter Gordon

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 08:26 +0100, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> I want to take pidgin-libnotify.

I've orphaned it in PkgDB now. Please feel free to take ownership of it
there. Thanks very much!
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
「ゴードン・ピーター」