Old 10-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Sebastian Vahl

Default KDE-SIG weekly report (44/2008)

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
*to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 44/2008

Time: 2008-10-28 16:00 UTC

Meeting page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-10-28

Meeting log: https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/8/84/KDE-SIG-2008-10-28.txt

= Participants =

- KevinKofler
- RexDieter
- SebastianVahl
- StevenParrish
- ThanNgo

= Agenda =

* Live images oversized due to recent inclusion of m17n-* and scim-* [1]
* TTY mods to kdmrc (switch X to tty1 per faster startup)

= Summary =

Live images oversized due to recent inclusion of m17n-* and scim-*:
- - - - -
* The current inclusion of input-methods group in fedora-live-base.ks breaks
the size of the KDE live images.
* The english-only KDE live images don't have much need for these packages.
* As a short term solution scim-python-pinyin will be replaced by the smaller
scim-pinyin on the live images.
* We should also talk to the Fedora I18N Group about size constraints.
* Another big but mostly unneeded package is solar-backgrounds (KDE does not
support the different times of day).
* We'll suggest splitting solar-backgrounds into a *-common subpackage with
shared artwork which will be required by solar-kde then.
* Also the solar-backgrounds dependency should be moved from libgnome to a
package higher up in the GNOME stack (which isn't included on the KDE spin).

TTY mods to kdmrc (switch X to tty1 per faster startup):
- - - - -
* RexDieter has tested some modifications of kdmrc to use tty1 for KDM (like
GDM is doing).
* This change will be included in the next release of kde-setting

= Next Meeting =

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-11-04

= Links =

[1]