-   -   Telnet Failure With F-10 Beta (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/183395-telnet-failure-f-10-beta.html)

Janina Sajka 10-28-2008 11:48 AM

Telnet Failure With F-10 Beta

I tried (and failed) to start a telnet install of the F-10 beta on two
x86_64 machines. Furthermore, logs on the dhcp server do not indicate
that the target machine ever requested an ip address.

Is there a bug here? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka, Phone: +1.202.595.7777; sip:janina@a11y.org
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Chair, Open Accessibility janina@a11y.org
Linux Foundation http://a11y.org

IPv6 is the answer!

Chuck Anderson 10-28-2008 12:41 PM

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 08:48:50AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> I tried (and failed) to start a telnet install of the F-10 beta on two
> x86_64 machines. Furthermore, logs on the dhcp server do not indicate
> that the target machine ever requested an ip address.
>
> Is there a bug here? Anyone have any suggestions?

Try a more recent snapshot like F10 Snap3 or today's rawhide.

Janina Sajka 10-28-2008 02:00 PM

Chuck Anderson writes:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 08:48:50AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > I tried (and failed) to start a telnet install of the F-10 beta on two
> > x86_64 machines. Furthermore, logs on the dhcp server do not indicate
> > that the target machine ever requested an ip address.
> >
> > Is there a bug here? Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Try a more recent snapshot like F10 Snap3 or today's rawhide.

Gladly. Could use a pointer on where to find the snapshots, though.
We're down with pungi, but not the location of snapshots.

"Jeffrey Ollie" 10-28-2008 04:35 PM

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

> Gladly. Could use a pointer on where to find the snapshots, though.
> We're down with pungi, but not the location of snapshots.

So as not to overwhelm the mirrors, the snapshots are available
through bittorrent only:

torrent.fedoraproject.org

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"

"Jon Stanley" 10-28-2008 05:06 PM

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

> We're down with pungi, but not the location of snapshots.

Though if you're down with pungi, it's easier to just recompose from
today's rawhide than download media that you could generate quicker
and more current yourself.

Janina Sajka 10-29-2008 02:50 PM

Chuck Anderson writes:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 08:48:50AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > I tried (and failed) to start a telnet install of the F-10 beta on two
> > x86_64 machines. Furthermore, logs on the dhcp server do not indicate
> > that the target machine ever requested an ip address.
> >
> > Is there a bug here? Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Try a more recent snapshot like F10 Snap3 or today's rawhide.
OK. Snap3 failed.

Yesterday's rawhide, from October 28, did better. It got the ipv4
address over dhcp, but gave "connection refused" to a telnet connection
request.

PS: We tried the ipv6=auto switch, but it did not get an address. Note
that we ARE running radvd, and this machine always gets its ipv6 address
that way in F-9.