Old 10-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Patrice Dumas

Default PackageMaintainers/Policy/EOL out of date

Hello,

The page
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/EOL
is out of date, pre-merge. I would like to update it, however I cannot
find an explanation of the current scheedule, there is only something
about the releases,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Schedule
I can't find the description of the EOL. Unless I am wrong, F-N+2 is EOL
one month after the release of F-N, but I don't know exaclty when events
relevant for packagers happen, like when new branches for packages
aren't created anymore, or when the builds are stopped for real happen.

If you give me some information or link to a page explaining the
EOL schedule, I'll update.

--
Pat

Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Patrice Dumas

Please, could somebody step up?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:23:09 +0100
pertusus@free.fr (Patrice Dumas) wrote:

> Please, could somebody step up?
>
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 12:23:43PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The page
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/EOL
> > is out of date, pre-merge. I would like to update it, however I
> > cannot find an explanation of the current scheedule, there is only
> > something about the releases,
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Schedule
> > I can't find the description of the EOL. Unless I am wrong, F-N+2

F-N - 2 ?

> > is EOL one month after the release of F-N, but I don't know exaclty
> > when events relevant for packagers happen, like when new branches
> > for packages aren't created anymore, or when the builds are stopped
> > for real happen.

New branches are no longer allowed for N-2 when N is released.
New builds are no longer allowed at N release + 1 month.

Exceptions can be made if warented, I guess by petitioning FESCo about
it.

> > If you give me some information or link to a page explaining the
> > EOL schedule, I'll update.

If you could that would be great!

kevin

Old 11-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Patrice Dumas

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 12:23:43PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The page
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/EOL
> is out of date, pre-merge.

I fixed it. There is no expanded version anymore, since I didn't know
what more to add.

--
Pat