Old 10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
"Martín Marqués"

Default dependencies between {swfdec-mozilla, gnash-plugin} and nspluginwrapper

Yesterday I started to finish configuring some things that were left
behind on my new laptop (amd64), and bumpped up with flash support for
firefox.

The thing is that swfdec didn't work, and gnash neither.

Solution: remove nspluginwrapper.

So I wanted to ask before opening a bug report: shouldn't there be a
dependency on all 3 packages (don't know about others) so that you can
only have one of the 3 packages (al least the plugins:
nspluginwrapper, swfdec-mozilla, gnash-plugin) installed?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador

Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Rex Dieter

Martín Marqués wrote:

> Yesterday I started to finish configuring some things that were left
> behind on my new laptop (amd64), and bumpped up with flash support for
> firefox.
>
> The thing is that swfdec didn't work, and gnash neither.
>
> Solution: remove nspluginwrapper.

nspluginwrapper has meachanism to id items not to wrap
(see /etc/sysconfig/nspluginwrapper), which is likely the better short-term
fix here. Long term, investigate the buggy interaction between those and
nspluginwrapper.

-- Rex

Old 10-24-2008, 04:34 PM
"Martín Marqués"

2008/10/23 Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu>:
> Martín Marqués wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I started to finish configuring some things that were left
>> behind on my new laptop (amd64), and bumpped up with flash support for
>> firefox.
>>
>> The thing is that swfdec didn't work, and gnash neither.
>>
>> Solution: remove nspluginwrapper.
>
> nspluginwrapper has meachanism to id items not to wrap
> (see /etc/sysconfig/nspluginwrapper), which is likely the better short-term
> fix here. Long term, investigate the buggy interaction between those and
> nspluginwrapper.

What should I look for there?

Just installed again nspluginwrapper and flash is gone.
/etc/sysconfig/nspluginwrapper has this:

export IGNORE_WRAP="libtotem*:libjavaplugin*:gecko-mediaplayer*:mplayerplug-in*:librhythmbox*"

export IGNORE_LINK=""

What next?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:32 PM
drago01

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus@free.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:41:46AM -0200, Martín Marqués wrote:
>> Yesterday I started to finish configuring some things that were left
>> behind on my new laptop (amd64), and bumpped up with flash support for
>> firefox.
>>
>> The thing is that swfdec didn't work, and gnash neither.
>
> I have just tested, on rawhide, that when gnash and nspluginwrapper are
> installed, gnash is used.

well there is no reason for it not to work when nspluginwrapper is
installed because its the only flash plugin you have (nspluginwrapper
is not a flash plugin), everything else would be a bug.