Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 PM
seth vidal

Default providing what they require

Here is a list of pkgs and their requirement that they also provide.

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/provides-what-required-rawhide.txt

Now, it would be handy if rpm filtered these out automagically at build
time, and that's something to think about. If you notice if any of your
packages do something like this manually, please stop it.

here's the script I used to generate the output:

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/provides-what-they-require.py

-sv

Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 4:03 PM, seth vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Here is a list of pkgs and their requirement that they also provide.
>
> http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/provides-what-required-rawhide.txt
>
> Now, it would be handy if rpm filtered these out automagically at build
> time, and that's something to think about. If you notice if any of your
> packages do something like this manually, please stop it.
>

> here's the script I used to generate the output:
>
> http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/provides-what-they-require.py

My brain no work. This means that they require themselves to
build/install? Or something else?

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

Old 10-22-2008, 10:28 PM
"Jonathan Underwood"

2008/10/22 seth vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org>:
> Here is a list of pkgs and their requirement that they also provide.
>
> http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/provides-what-required-rawhide.txt
>
> Now, it would be handy if rpm filtered these out automagically at build
> time, and that's something to think about. If you notice if any of your
> packages do something like this manually, please stop it.

Um, how to stop it? - most of those Provides are automatically
generated by rpm. I know there is some messy instructions on how to
filter those for perl packages in the guidelines, but it seems more
widespread than perl packages...