-   -   request for update of libbonobo to 2.20.2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/18060-request-update-libbonobo-2-20-2-a.html)

David Mansfield 12-12-2007 01:47 PM

request for update of libbonobo to 2.20.2

Hi All.

Sorry if this is the wrong way to do it, but I would like to request an
update from 2.20.1 to 2.20.2 (released today ;-) of libbonobo, for
Fedora 8 etc. It contains a fix (provided by me) that I've been chasing
for weeks that prevents freenx and vncserver etc. from working correctly
with gnome if the user is also logged in locally (i.e two concurrent
gnome sessions for the same user fail). Also many other miscellaneous
problems are fixed by this one change.

I searched for info on fedora wiki on how to request this but there is
no info there that I could find.

Thanks,
David

Matthias Clasen 12-12-2007 01:55 PM

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 09:47 -0500, David Mansfield wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong way to do it, but I would like to request an
> update from 2.20.1 to 2.20.2 (released today ;-) of libbonobo, for
> Fedora 8 etc. It contains a fix (provided by me) that I've been chasing
> for weeks that prevents freenx and vncserver etc. from working correctly
> with gnome if the user is also logged in locally (i.e two concurrent
> gnome sessions for the same user fail). Also many other miscellaneous
> problems are fixed by this one change.
>
> I searched for info on fedora wiki on how to request this but there is
> no info there that I could find.

It will generally happen on its own. If you have reason to ask for this
to be handled as a priority (as you certainly do in this case), filing
a bug is one way to request the update. Since we are all drowning in
bugspam, tracking down the maintainer (or the person who has been doing
the last few updates) and sending direct mail may be more effective.

I'll take care of libbonobo sometime this week.