Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Christoph Höger

Default Why does yum always need a global lock?

Hi,

what does yum make requiring a global lock for _every_ operation as
root? I can search/info/download as normal user, while updating the
system but not as root. Why that?
Why do we need to lock yum for more than rpm transactions (shouldn't rpm
do that at all) and cache write operations?

regards

christoph