Old 10-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Jesse Keating

Default Fedora 10 Snapshot 2

This week brings us Fedora 10 Snapshot 2. This time not only will we
have Live images, we'll also have DVD and split CD install images. Due
to the amount of data to sync around, we're going to stagger the torrent
releases, making them available as they finish syncing to the torrent
server. Please keep watching http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ for new
torrents to start showing up in the next few hours.

Based on feedback from Snapshot 1 we're also adding a few more seeders
to help get the bits out.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 10-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Chris Wright

* Jesse Keating (jkeating@redhat.com) wrote:
> Based on feedback from Snapshot 1 we're also adding a few more seeders
> to help get the bits out.

Thanks for that, BTW. Grabbing Snap2 was much...err...snappier ;-)

thanks,
-chris

Old 10-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Gerd Hoffmann

Jesse Keating wrote:
> This week brings us Fedora 10 Snapshot 2. This time not only will we
> have Live images, we'll also have DVD and split CD install images. Due
> to the amount of data to sync around, we're going to stagger the torrent
> releases, making them available as they finish syncing to the torrent
> server. Please keep watching http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ for new
> torrents to start showing up in the next few hours.

How about jigdo? With the Beta DVD iso images at hand jigdo-lite has to
fetch only the packages changed since then, which is probably a small
fraction of the complete set ...

cheers,
Gerd

Old 10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Jeremy Katz

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 11:02 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > This week brings us Fedora 10 Snapshot 2. This time not only will we
> > have Live images, we'll also have DVD and split CD install images. Due
> > to the amount of data to sync around, we're going to stagger the torrent
> > releases, making them available as they finish syncing to the torrent
> > server. Please keep watching http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ for new
> > torrents to start showing up in the next few hours.
>
> How about jigdo? With the Beta DVD iso images at hand jigdo-lite has to
> fetch only the packages changed since then, which is probably a small
> fraction of the complete set ...

jigdo only helps if the packages continue to be available -- with the
amount that rawhide churns, packages that are there for the snapshot
today are quite possibly gone tomorrow

Jeremy