Old 10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Jesse Keating

Default post-beta snapshots

In this release cycle, we actually have working split media installs,
and getting those staged, along with the DVD, for i386, x86_64, ppc, and
source is proving quite challenging, especially when trying to stage
Live images for Desktop, KDE, i686/x86_64 (and any "spins" I have other
time for). I just don't think we can do a compose + sync to torrents
(and now we have to sync multiple torrent locations so that the trackers
don't suck) in one day. Also, I don't think we've ever had a successful
snapshot the first day we tried it (Thursdays).

I'm thinking we need to adjust this slightly, attempt the snapshot on
Wed instead, fix anything we can leading to Thursday, spend Thursday
creating the content, Thursday night staging the content and releasing
it on Friday. This puts the snapshot content a day older than rawhide,
but that should be fine.

Anybody think this is a bad idea?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Jesse Keating

> I'm thinking we need to adjust this slightly, attempt the snapshot on
> Wed instead, fix anything we can leading to Thursday, spend Thursday
> creating the content, Thursday night staging the content and releasing
> it on Friday. This puts the snapshot content a day older than rawhide,
> but that should be fine.
>
> Anybody think this is a bad idea?

Given that there was no feedback here, Rel Eng approved this adjustment
at our meeting today. The last step is getting a nod of approval from
FESCo so that we can make it happen for this last snapshot.

FESCo, what say you?

Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Brian Pepple

> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 11:56 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > I'm thinking we need to adjust this slightly, attempt the snapshot on
> > Wed instead, fix anything we can leading to Thursday, spend Thursday
> > creating the content, Thursday night staging the content and releasing
> > it on Friday. This puts the snapshot content a day older than rawhide,
> > but that should be fine.
> >
> > Anybody think this is a bad idea?
>
> Given that there was no feedback here, Rel Eng approved this adjustment
> at our meeting today. The last step is getting a nod of approval from
> FESCo so that we can make it happen for this last snapshot.
>
> FESCo, what say you?

+1, looks reasonable to me.

Later,
/B

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Old 10-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Bill Nottingham

Jesse Keating (jkeating@redhat.com) said:
> Given that there was no feedback here, Rel Eng approved this adjustment
> at our meeting today. The last step is getting a nod of approval from
> FESCo so that we can make it happen for this last snapshot.

Sure, go for it.

Bill