Old 10-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Jeremy Katz

Default removal of libdhcp (and related libraries)

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 15:28 -1000, David Cantrell wrote:
> It's time for libdhcp to be removed. If you do not know what libdhcp is, read
> on -or- ignore this email entirely.

Given that we're past the beta and, consequently, past the feature
freeze, I think that this is the sort of change that needs to wait for
Fedora 11. Especially given that if the libnl+dhclient changes to nash
break it means that people won't be able to boot their systems.

Jeremy

Old 10-17-2008, 04:37 AM
David Cantrell

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 09:32:10PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 15:28 -1000, David Cantrell wrote:
> > It's time for libdhcp to be removed. If you do not know what libdhcp is, read
> > on -or- ignore this email entirely.
>
> Given that we're past the beta and, consequently, past the feature
> freeze, I think that this is the sort of change that needs to wait for
> Fedora 11. Especially given that if the libnl+dhclient changes to nash
> break it means that people won't be able to boot their systems.

That's fine. So long as removing libdhcp happens sooner rather than later.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI