Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 PM
"G.Wolfe Woodbury"

Default repodata and comps.xml filenames in hexadecimal?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Jesse Keating

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 14:54 -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

> I know someone is working on a rewrite of some of the stuff dealing with
> repodata and comps.xml. I notice today that the names of the files in
> repodata have the hexadecimal checksums prepended. Is this the new
> "standard" or is there a bug in the generation scripts?

It's a new standard. The repodata files are uniquely named which helps
many things such as proxies.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Nicolas Mailhot

Le jeudi 16 octobre 2008 à 12:08 -0700, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 14:54 -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> >
> > I know someone is working on a rewrite of some of the stuff dealing with
> > repodata and comps.xml. I notice today that the names of the files in
> > repodata have the hexadecimal checksums prepended. Is this the new
> > "standard" or is there a bug in the generation scripts?
>
> It's a new standard. The repodata files are uniquely named which helps
> many things such as proxies.

And there was much rejoicing. Thanks to everyone involved!

--
Nicolas Mailhot

Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Thomas M Steenholdt