FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams
 
Default review-o-matic : Fedora package review helper

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 10:37 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Also, do we trust mock with unaudited spec files? I know that we do
> trust it with unaudited tarballs but I don't know if this is a reason to
> open things up further.

Doesn't the chroot mitigate most of the issues there might be in the
source package? A VM can probably mitigate the rest.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet@gmail.com>

PLEASE don't CC me; I'm already subscribed
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Toshio Kuratomi
 
Default review-o-matic : Fedora package review helper

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 10:37 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> Also, do we trust mock with unaudited spec files? I know that we do
>> trust it with unaudited tarballs but I don't know if this is a reason to
>> open things up further.
>
> Doesn't the chroot mitigate most of the issues there might be in the
> source package?

It's supposed to but we have had issues in the past where the build
process modified the host environment. I don't know if we traced that
down to something escaping the chroot or if it was something that mock
did before entering the chroot. In either case, if we go for a web
app-only we need to decide whether we're comfortable building unaudited
spec files from someone who may not have a Fedora Account yet (Note: You
presently only need to have a bugzilla account when you submit your
first package. This could be changed to cla_done for use of the
review-o-matic web app) via a web app hosted in Fedora Infrastructure.

If it was a script run on a reviewer's machine this would be something
each reviewer could decide for themselves, possibly after prereviewing a
certain portion of the package.

> A VM can probably mitigate the rest.
>
As in creating and tearing down a xen guest every time a build is
requested? That might help. review-o-matic would need the ability to
do that, though, and Infrastructure needs to decide that they want to
host a web app that has the ability to kick off creation and destruction
of VMs.

-Toshio

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 AM
"Rakesh Pandit"
 
Default review-o-matic : Fedora package review helper

2008/11/2 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com>:
`[..]
> If it was a script run on a reviewer's machine this would be something
> each reviewer could decide for themselves, possibly after prereviewing a
> certain portion of the package.
>
[..]

It would be there. When we get something working first, we can easily
make scripts for reviewer to run locally or even for reporter (for
some major part at least) e.g checking spec for guidelines.

--
Cheers,
rakesh

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 AM
Ville Skyttä
 
Default review-o-matic : Fedora package review helper

On Saturday 01 November 2008, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 16:11 -0700, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > I think some code can be borrowed from rpmlint.
>
> Borrowing code is a losing proposition. What we need is for the main
> rpmlint script to be refactored so that we can call it with a filename.

I'm not sure what you mean by "call it with a filename", could you elaborate?
Specfiles, package .rpm files and directories can already be passed to it.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams
 
Default review-o-matic : Fedora package review helper

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 08:39 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Saturday 01 November 2008, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 16:11 -0700, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > > I think some code can be borrowed from rpmlint.
> >
> > Borrowing code is a losing proposition. What we need is for the main
> > rpmlint script to be refactored so that we can call it with a filename.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "call it with a filename", could you elaborate?
> Specfiles, package .rpm files and directories can already be passed to it.

Right now rpmlint.py contains a large amount of magick, in the forms of
a lot of global code and a rather complex main(). It would be handy
various functions could be called that loaded the tests, tested the
files, and processed the results. That way rpmlint could be used as part
of a larger Python app such as the future Review-o-Matic.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet@gmail.com>

PLEASE don't CC me; I'm already subscribed
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:14 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org