Old 10-15-2008, 09:12 PM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

Default New PiTiVi Release!

Finally, there is a new PiTiVi release and I've built it for F-9 and
rawhide. Please, take a moment to download it and give it a workout.
Please report bugs upstream (http://pitivi.org/wiki/Main_Page)
Hopefully, it will fix the following bugs:

452490 - GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_caps_get_structure: assertion
`GST_IS_CAPS (caps)' failed
450393 - pitivi shows "Internal data flow error." on launch
440488 - Program crash on start up... possible race condition.
462108 - Pitivi fails to start

>From the release announcement:

* Features of this release

* New advanced timeline interface by Brandon Lewis (SoC)
* Capture interface for webcams and network sources by Sarath Lakshman
(SoC).
* Simple Timeline is gone.
* Project save/load now activated by default
* Cutting/Trimming/Removing features added to advanced timeline.
* Misc fixes and improvements

* Bugs Fixed

* 552777 : [ruler.py] BadAlloc error with big sources
* 353870 : Save/Load project from/to file
* 332473 : Capture from given gstreamer input source
* 334631 : xvsink crash with python in pitivi
* 339895 : [Advanced Timeline] Zooming in too much causes X error
* 432678 : [discoverer] Files that report a duration of 0s is BUGGY !!!
* 458944 : Cancelling while rendering does not work
* 461738 : [Advanced Timeline] Scrollbar always comes back to beginning
* 498071 : [Simple Timeline] Drag and Drop puts clips in the wrong slot
* 498904 : incorrect indentation: some tabs are mixed with spaces in...
* 501028 : Missing files from POTFILES.in
* 501068 : Uses make instead of $(MAKE)
* 518301 : Pitivi won't start under KDE: " Icon 'misc' not pres...
* 547095 : [Export Settings] Filter unusable muxers
* 554544 : net_capture.glade not installed
* 554602 : seeking is not working correctly ...

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"

Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 AM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff@ocjtech.us> wrote:
> Finally, there is a new PiTiVi release and I've built it for F-9 and
> rawhide. Please, take a moment to download it and give it a workout.
> Please report bugs upstream (http://pitivi.org/wiki/Main_Page)

Until the packages make their way to the mirrors, they can be downloaded here:

F-10: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66472
F-9: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66475

Old 10-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Nicu Buculei

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

Finally, there is a new PiTiVi release and I've built it for F-9 and
rawhide. Please, take a moment to download it and give it a workout.
Please report bugs upstream (http://pitivi.org/wiki/Main_Page)

Until the packages make their way to the mirrors, they can be downloaded here:

F-10: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66472
F-9: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66475

I think I am stupid or something, as I am unable to find a way to insert
an Ogg Theora video and an Ogg Vorbis audio file and render them as one
Ogg clip with both video and audio...

Old 10-16-2008, 03:33 PM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff@ocjtech.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally, there is a new PiTiVi release and I've built it for F-9 and
>>> rawhide. Please, take a moment to download it and give it a workout.
>>> Please report bugs upstream (http://pitivi.org/wiki/Main_Page)
>>
>> Until the packages make their way to the mirrors, they can be downloaded
>> here:
>>
>> F-10: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66472
>> F-9: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66475
>
> I think I am stupid or something, as I am unable to find a way to insert an
> Ogg Theora video and an Ogg Vorbis audio file and render them as one Ogg
> clip with both video and audio...

Hmm definitely would be a useful thing to do. I don't have the time
ATM or I'd try it myself. I'd talk to the upstream devs about it...

Old 10-24-2008, 11:16 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff@ocjtech.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally, there is a new PiTiVi release and I've built it for F-9 and
>>> rawhide. Please, take a moment to download it and give it a workout.
>>> Please report bugs upstream (http://pitivi.org/wiki/Main_Page)
>>
>> Until the packages make their way to the mirrors, they can be downloaded
>> here:
>>
>> F-10: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66472
>> F-9: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66475
>
> I think I am stupid or something, as I am unable to find a way to insert an
> Ogg Theora video and an Ogg Vorbis audio file and render them as one Ogg
> clip with both video and audio...

What do the upstream devels says? Is this a bug?

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Nicu Buculei

Valent Turkovic wrote:

I think I am stupid or something, as I am unable to find a way to insert an
Ogg Theora video and an Ogg Vorbis audio file and render them as one Ogg
clip with both video and audio...

What do the upstream devels says? Is this a bug?

Most likely is a base feature not implemented yet... as seen on Planet
Gnome, Collabora Multimedia is looking to hire developers to work on
video editing (PiTivi).