-   -   FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-12-06 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/15921-fesco-meeting-summary-2007-12-06-a.html)

Brian Pepple 12-09-2007 08:55 PM

FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-12-06

= Members Present =
* Brian Pepple (bpepple)
* Jason Tibbitts (tibbs)
* Jesse Keating (f13)
* Dennis Gilmore (dgilmore)
* Bill Nottingham (notting)
* Warren Togami (warren)
* Jeremy Katz (jeremy)
* Christian Iseli (c4chris)
* Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
* Josh Boyer (jwb)
* Christopher Aillon (caillon)

= Absent =
* David Woodhouse (dwmw2)
* Tom Callaway (spot)

== Summary ==
=== Are "spins" a feature? ===
* FESCo agreed that spins are not features, but that they should
be touted on the -announce or -devel-announce lists.

=== Merge Reviews ===
* Long discussion on how to deal with merge reviews. tibbs & nirik
are going to work on a proposal of packages to work on
completing, and FESCo needs to get tangible buy-in from RH
engineering mgnt.

=== F9 Feature Process ===
* FESCo approved the following features for F9:
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBluetooth
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureClockApplet
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PartitionResizing
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtStorage
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFingerprint
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PackageKit
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Ext4
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureTexLive

=== Misc ===
* bpepple & Bob Jensen (EvilBob) will work on removing references
to FC6 in the wiki, since Zod has been banished to the Phantom
Zone.

IRC log can be found at:
http://bpepple.fedorapeople.org/fesco/FESCo-2007-12-06.html

Later,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Michael Schwendt 12-09-2007 10:36 PM

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 16:55:15 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:

> IRC log can be found at:
> http://bpepple.fedorapeople.org/fesco/FESCo-2007-12-06.html

| warren f13, after last push, let's be sure we didn't add a terrible new broken dep.
| f13 warren: sounds great, when will you have the report in?
| warren that's all.
| f13 there are currently no broken deps detectable in the push tool for Core 6, I have no idea what Extras looks like

FE6 has been free of broken deps for a long time and still is. Running
extras-repoclosure on the needsign repo (and sometimes on updates-testing)
prior to doing pushes has served very well. After receiving private mail
about any broken deps caused by packages in needsign, most packagers have
usually taken action within the next 48 hours. Only in a few cases it was
necessary to delete the blocked/unreleased packages when they became older
and older without any fix in sight.