Old 09-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Till Maas

Default Using lzma compressed tarball as Source0

Hiyas,

are there some best practices or some secret macros I can redifine to use a
lzma compressed tarball as Source0 for Fedora 8+ specs?
It would help if I could pass --use-compress-program=lzma to the tar
commandline that %setup uses.

Regards,
Till

Old 09-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Jason L Tibbitts III

TM> Hiyas, are there some best practices or some secret macros I can
TM> redifine to use a lzma compressed tarball as Source0 for Fedora 8+
TM> specs?

Use %setup -T and call the unpacking command yourself?

- J<

Old 09-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:45:41 +0200, Till Maas wrote:

> Hiyas,
>
> are there some best practices or some secret macros I can redifine to use a
> lzma compressed tarball as Source0 for Fedora 8+ specs?
> It would help if I could pass --use-compress-program=lzma to the tar
> commandline that %setup uses.

%setup -c -q -T

and extract %{SOURCE0} manually. Does that help, too?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Till Maas

On Wed September 3 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:45:41 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> > Hiyas,
> >
> > are there some best practices or some secret macros I can redifine to use
> > a lzma compressed tarball as Source0 for Fedora 8+ specs?
> > It would help if I could pass --use-compress-program=lzma to the tar
> > commandline that %setup uses.
>
> %setup -c -q -T
>
> and extract %{SOURCE0} manually. Does that help, too?

Thanks, the best solution I can think of with this %setup commandline is this:

%setup -q -c -T
lzma -c -d %SOURCE0 | tar -xvvf - -C ..

Without the -C .. tar will create a new directory within the extracted source
directory, e.g. foo-1.2/foo-1.2 which will break the remainder of the spec.

Regards,
Till