Old 09-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Warren Togami

Default Help Needed: Test pidgin-2.5.1 and Yahoo IM

Here is an opportunity for someone to test a failure that happened to
me. Upstream requested more information about this and a good write-up
for reproducing, but I cannot prioritize working on this now. (Working
on getting Fedora Updates flowing...)

If this is a real issue, upstream should know about it quickly. This
2.5.1 plus additional fixes is likely to become the next version in RHEL-5.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pidgin-2.5.1-1.fc9

* Install pidgin-2.5.1 on F-9.
* Run pidgin with the -d option to get debugging output on the terminal.
* Have someone else that you haven't talked to yet add you on Yahoo IM.
Do you see the authorization confirmation request in your Buddy List?
When you have both added each other, do you immediately see each
other online?

Or do you need to restart pidgin to see each other?
* Is this reproducible by removing each other from respective Buddy
Lists and repeating the procedure?

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

Warren Togami wrote:
[...]

I've got no F9 around but I've just tested on F7 (recompiled from the
latest available sources as downloaded from fedora cvs) and everything
seems OK.

For the record:

Name : pidgin Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.5.1 Vendor: (none)
Release : 1.fc7 Build Date: Mon 01 Sep 2008
11:11:07 AM EEST
Install Date: Mon 01 Sep 2008 11:17:17 AM EEST Build Host:
wolfy.nobugconsulting.ro

I can also rebuild and test on Centos 5 if this is useful.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Nicu Buculei

Warren Togami wrote:
Here is an opportunity for someone to test a failure that happened to
me. Upstream requested more information about this and a good write-up
for reproducing, but I cannot prioritize working on this now. (Working
on getting Fedora Updates flowing...)

If this is a real issue, upstream should know about it quickly. This
2.5.1 plus additional fixes is likely to become the next version in RHEL-5.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pidgin-2.5.1-1.fc9

* Install pidgin-2.5.1 on F-9.

I installed the 386 build from there.

* Run pidgin with the -d option to get debugging output on the terminal.

Did that

* Have someone else that you haven't talked to yet add you on Yahoo IM.

I asked Manuel/wolfy (see the other mail in the thread) and he added me.

Do you see the authorization confirmation request in your Buddy List?

Yes, I saw it and accepted.

When you have both added each other, do you immediately see each other
online?

I saw him after about one second.

Or do you need to restart pidgin to see each other?

No need for that.

* Is this reproducible by removing each other from respective Buddy
Lists and repeating the procedure?

We deleted each other and I added him first, it worked fine.