Old 09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Paul

Default xmms heads up

Hi,

I've just built xmms-1.2.11-20071117cvs for rawhide. It should hit
whenever there is a rawhide push (god knows when that will be ;-p).

If you're using the livna mp3 plugin, you will not be able to update
directly as that plugin required the old xmms-lib; if you download xmms
from ftp though, you can install it with --no-deps and it works fine. I
hope whoever looks after that for livna will be quick on the rebuild for
it.

Quite a few of the old patches have gone as they've made it to the
1.2.11 branch already. The only one which concerns me is the
alsa-backport patch which looks like the functionality has been included
in the new source.

Any problems, bugzilla!

TTFN

Paul

Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis

If you're using the livna mp3 plugin, you will not be able to update
directly as that plugin required the old xmms-lib; if you download xmms
from ftp though, you can install it with --no-deps and it works fine. I
hope whoever looks after that for livna will be quick on the rebuild for
it.

You could have mailed the Livna/RPM Fusion maintainers (CCed) in advance
to coordinate things, then we could have prepared a update to release it
in sync ;-) Sure, a mail on fedora-devel-list will often do the trick,
but it's easily missed.

Cu
knurd

Old 09-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:25:46 +0100, Paul wrote:

> I've just built xmms-1.2.11-20071117cvs for rawhide. It should hit
> whenever there is a rawhide push (god knows when that will be ;-p).

You've reverted the licence fix in the spec file and removed also
the corresponding changelog entry. Why?

Also, are other external xmms plugins in Fedora affected by
your update?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:37 PM
"Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski"

On Wednesday, 03 September 2008 at 17:10, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:25:46 +0100, Paul wrote:
>
> > I've just built xmms-1.2.11-20071117cvs for rawhide. It should hit
> > whenever there is a rawhide push (god knows when that will be ;-p).
>
> You've reverted the licence fix in the spec file and removed also
> the corresponding changelog entry. Why?

I bet he used cvs-import.sh.

Regards,
R.

Livna http://rpm.livna.org | MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu
"Faith manages."

Old 09-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:10:01 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:25:46 +0100, Paul wrote:
>
> > I've just built xmms-1.2.11-20071117cvs for rawhide. It should hit
> > whenever there is a rawhide push (god knows when that will be ;-p).
>
> You've reverted the licence fix in the spec file and removed also
> the corresponding changelog entry. Why?

Ping.

Between xmms-1_2_10-39_fc10 and xmms-1_2_11-1_20071117cvs_fc10 you
reverted Jason's licence change and %changelog entry in xmms.spec.

You changed the licence field from GPLv2+ to GPLv2, while the source
files say that GPLv2+ would be correct.

Your changelog entry says

Alter license

which is not verbose enough in this case.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@fedoraproject.org>
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.26.3-12.fc8

Old 09-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Paul

Hi,

> Between xmms-1_2_10-39_fc10 and xmms-1_2_11-1_20071117cvs_fc10 you
> reverted Jason's licence change and %changelog entry in xmms.spec.
>
> You changed the licence field from GPLv2+ to GPLv2, while the source
> files say that GPLv2+ would be correct.

Fixed. Sorry about that, not sure why the reversion occured!

TTFN

Paul