Old 09-01-2008, 08:01 PM
"Naheem Zaffar"

Default Fedora 9.1?

Are there any plans for a re-release of Fedora 9 with updated keys?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:19 PM
"Jon Stanley"

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Naheem Zaffar <naheemzaffar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans for a re-release of Fedora 9 with updated keys?

Not as such, no. The current plan can be found at
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-August/001627.html,
with the latest draft of the actual locations over at
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-August/001635.html
and ensuing discussion

This plan already has FESCo buy-in, with whatever minor tweaks rel-eng
might need to make, but this is the essence of what's going to happen.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
nodata

Am Montag, den 01.09.2008, 16:19 -0400 schrieb Jon Stanley:
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Naheem Zaffar <naheemzaffar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are there any plans for a re-release of Fedora 9 with updated keys?
>
> Not as such, no. The current plan can be found at
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-August/001627.html,
> with the latest draft of the actual locations over at
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-August/001635.html
> and ensuing discussion
>
> This plan already has FESCo buy-in, with whatever minor tweaks rel-eng
> might need to make, but this is the essence of what's going to happen.

"[The new] fedora-release is put into the OLD repo, signed by the OLD
key."

Isn't this counter-intuitive?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

nodata wrote:
> Am Montag, den 01.09.2008, 16:19 -0400 schrieb Jon Stanley:
>> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Naheem Zaffar <naheemzaffar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Are there any plans for a re-release of Fedora 9 with updated keys?
>> Not as such, no. The current plan can be found at
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-August/001627.html,
>> with the latest draft of the actual locations over at
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-August/001635.html
>> and ensuing discussion
>>
>> This plan already has FESCo buy-in, with whatever minor tweaks rel-eng
>> might need to make, but this is the essence of what's going to happen.
>>

> "[The new] fedora-release is put into the OLD repo, signed by the OLD
> key."
>
> Isn't this counter-intuitive?

The idea is that fedora-release contains the new key and the new
repository location. So it has to go in the old repository, signed with
the old key so people hitting the old repository get those.

Maybe we should have two new fedora-release packages. The lower NEVR
one can go in the OLD repo and the newer one in the new repo. (That way
we end up with 0 packages signed by the old key on the new system).

-Toshio

Old 09-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Warren Togami

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

nodata wrote:

[...]

That is actually already in the plan as written.

Warren