Old 09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
forum

Default Thunderbird 3.0

Do anybody make package of the Thunderbird 3.0 *Shredder? Now alpha 2
released.

And would it be present in Fedora 10?
*

Old 09-01-2008, 05:43 PM
"Peter Robinson"

> Do anybody make package of the Thunderbird 3.0 *Shredder? Now alpha 2
> released.
>
> And would it be present in Fedora 10?

I think it will be more likely for Fedora 11 than Fedora 10 as its due
to be based on gecko 1.9.1 (IE Firefox 3.1) which isn't due until
November so I don't think TB3 is due until January. FF3.1 snapshots
haven't started to show up in rawhide yet and that would be a start.

Peter

Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

I got the tarball for this version of thunderbird via Google.
I unpacked it and got this:

arl@Lucid:~/Desktop/thunderbird/thunderbird$ ls
application.ini libfreebl3.chk libplds4.so
README.txt
chrome libfreebl3.so libprldap60.so
removed-files
components libldap60.so libsmime3.so res
crashreporter libldif60.so libsoftokn3.chk
run-mozilla.sh
crashreporter.ini libmozjs.so libsoftokn3.so
Throbber-small.gif
defaults libnspr4.so libsqlite3.so
thunderbird
dependentlibs.list libnss3.so libssl3.so
thunderbird-bin
dictionaries libnssckbi.so libxpcom_core.so
update.locale
extensions libnssdbm3.chk libxpcom.so
updater
greprefs libnssdbm3.so modules
updater.ini
icons libnssutil3.so mozilla-xremote-client
isp libplc4.so platform.ini

But when I tried to run the file run-mozilla.sh, which is a
program to set up thunderbird 3.0, it fails to run.

Has anyone got a runaround this problem?

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 16.02.2010, 17:05 -0700 schrieb Karl F. Larsen:
> I got the tarball for this version of thunderbird via Google.
> I unpacked it and got this:
>
> But when I tried to run the file run-mozilla.sh, which is a
> program to set up thunderbird 3.0, it fails to run.
>
> Has anyone got a runaround this problem?

have you tried the PPA of the ubuntu-mozilla team ?
it has proper packages for hardy, jaunty, intrepid, karmic and lucid ...

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozilla-daily/+archive/ppa

ciao
oli

Old 02-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Jens Müller

Am 17.02.2010 10:05, schrieb Oliver Grawert:
> have you tried the PPA of the ubuntu-mozilla team ?
> it has proper packages for hardy, jaunty, intrepid, karmic and lucid ...
>
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozilla-daily/+archive/ppa

Sounds like it has daily builds. TB 3 is a stable release.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Steve Flynn

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

> * * * *I got the tarball for this version of thunderbird via Google.
> I unpacked it and got this:
>
> arl@Lucid:~/Desktop/thunderbird/thunderbird$ ls

> * * * *But when I tried to run the file run-mozilla.sh, which is a
> program to set up thunderbird 3.0, it fails to run.

You don't list the files with any file permsisions so we can't tell
from the output not do you give any indication of any error messages
from your attempts to run the shell script, but is the run-mozilla.sh
script executable?

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 02-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Chris Jones

> But when I tried to run the file run-mozilla.sh, which is a
> program to set up thunderbird 3.0, it fails to run.
>
> Has anyone got a runaround this problem?

You haven't given any information at all on how it "fails to run" ...
Send all the messages you get at the command line when you run
run-mozilla.sh ?

Old 02-17-2010, 11:37 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Oliver Grawert wrote, On 02/17/2010 02:05 AM:
> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 16.02.2010, 17:05 -0700 schrieb Karl F. Larsen:
>> I got the tarball for this version of thunderbird via Google.
>> I unpacked it and got this:
>> But when I tried to run the file run-mozilla.sh, which is a
>> program to set up thunderbird 3.0, it fails to run.
>>
>> Has anyone got a runaround this problem?
>>
> have you tried the PPA of the ubuntu-mozilla team ?
> it has proper packages for hardy, jaunty, intrepid, karmic and lucid ...
>
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozilla-daily/+archive/ppa
>
> ciao
> oli

I checked it out and found this:

protocols, security with X.509 and GPG key management, and a
plethora of extensions.

Thunderbird follows in the tradition of Mozilla Firefox. It is
a focused, lightweight mail client with very good
extensibility through the Mozilla extension mechanism.

Thunderbird is widely localised and available in many languages.

* Home page

Project information

Part of:
Mozilla

Maintainer:
Mozilla Team

Driver:
Mozilla Team

Does not use Launchpad for development.

Development focus:

3.1 series

lp:thunderbird
View the branch content

Licenses:
None specified
This project’s license has not been specified.

RDF metadata
View full history Series and milestones

Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1 series is the current focus of development

* View milestones

All packages Packages in distributions

* “thunderbird” source package in Gutsy
Version 2.0.0.21+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.7.10.1 uploaded on
2009-03-18
* “thunderbird” source package in Hardy
Version 2.0.0.23+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.04.1
uploaded on 2009-08-17
* “thunderbird” source package in Intrepid
Version 2.0.0.23+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.10.1
uploaded on 2009-08-17
* “thunderbird” source package in Jaunty
Version 2.0.0.23+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1
uploaded on 2009-08-17
* “thunderbird” source package in Karmic
Version 2.0.0.23+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu1 uploaded on
2009-08-17
* “thunderbird” source package in Lucid
Version 2.0.0.23+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu1 uploaded on
2009-08-17

* Subscribe to bug mail

Downloads

Mozilla Thunderbird does not have any download files.

I was looking for a new run.mozilla.sh that works but they do
not have it there.

Thanks for the try.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Steve Flynn wrote, On 02/17/2010 04:36 AM:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I got the tarball for this version of thunderbird via Google.
>> I unpacked it and got this:
>>
>> arl@Lucid:~/Desktop/thunderbird/thunderbird$ ls
>
>> But when I tried to run the file run-mozilla.sh, which is a
>> program to set up thunderbird 3.0, it fails to run.
>
> You don't list the files with any file permsisions so we can't tell
> from the output not do you give any indication of any error messages
> from your attempts to run the shell script, but is the run-mozilla.sh
> script executable?

Come to think of it I didn't check that.
-rwxr-xr-x 1 karl karl 10450 2010-01-11 11:02 run-mozilla.sh

Dummy is me. All the tarball files belong to me, karl. I will
fix this and they will all belong to root I think, but will
check what thunderbird 2.00 has for owners.

Thanks for helping me out!

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Tommy Trussell

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve Flynn wrote, On 02/17/2010 04:36 AM:
>> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> * * * *I got the tarball for this version of thunderbird via Google.
>>> I unpacked it and got this:
>>>
>>> arl@Lucid:~/Desktop/thunderbird/thunderbird$ ls
>>
>>> * * * *But when I tried to run the file run-mozilla.sh, which is a
>>> program to set up thunderbird 3.0, it fails to run.
>>
>> You don't list the files with any file permsisions so we can't tell
>> from the output not do you give any indication of any error messages
>> from your attempts to run the shell script, but is the run-mozilla.sh
>> script executable?
>>

> * * * *Come to think of it I didn't check that.
> -rwxr-xr-x *1 karl karl * *10450 2010-01-11 11:02 run-mozilla.sh
>
> Dummy is me. All the tarball files belong to me, karl. I will
> fix this and they will all belong to root I think, but will
> check what thunderbird 2.00 has for owners.

files do NOT have to be owned by root to be executable -- they need
the executable bit set.

in the listing you showed, the executable bit IS set (that's what the
x's mean), so the shell script should run.