Old 08-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Michael Schwendt

Default pguiman has no maintainer

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/pguiman

Maintainer "odvorace" gives "user unknown" at Red Hat.
Pkg ACLs are locked down.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Dan Horák

Michael Schwendt p*še v Čt 28. 08. 2008 v 21:56 +0200:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/pguiman
>
> Maintainer "odvorace" gives "user unknown" at Red Hat.
> Pkg ACLs are locked down.

The upstream at SF.net (author = maintainer) looks dead too, last commit
was 11 month ago.

Dan

Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:56:41 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/pguiman
>
> Maintainer "odvorace" gives "user unknown" at Red Hat.
> Pkg ACLs are locked down.

Who takes care of issues like this?
Is it necessary to follow the lengthy AWOL procedure?
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/468160

Old 10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Patrice Dumas

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:24:16PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:56:41 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/pguiman
> >
> > Maintainer "odvorace" gives "user unknown" at Red Hat.
> > Pkg ACLs are locked down.
>
> Who takes care of issues like this?
> Is it necessary to follow the lengthy AWOL procedure?
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/468160

If the mail of the user is not known anymore first steps can be skipped.

--
Pat

Old 10-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:56:41 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/pguiman
>>
>> Maintainer "odvorace" gives "user unknown" at Red Hat.
>> Pkg ACLs are locked down.
>
> Who takes care of issues like this?
> Is it necessary to follow the lengthy AWOL procedure?
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/468160

I've opened the acl.

Would FESCo like to short circuit the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy in
this case? It seems like most of the steps in the procedure have been
followed except that the opening of the bugzilla bug was done last
instead of first.

-Toshio

Old 10-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:51:23 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> >> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/pguiman
> >>
> >> Maintainer "odvorace" gives "user unknown" at Red Hat.
> >> Pkg ACLs are locked down.
> >
> > Who takes care of issues like this?
> > Is it necessary to follow the lengthy AWOL procedure?
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/468160
> >
> I've opened the acl.
>
> Would FESCo like to short circuit the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy in
> this case? It seems like most of the steps in the procedure have been
> followed except that the opening of the bugzilla bug was done last
> instead of first.

I didn't start any formal process. This is only one of a few packages
where I stumbled into locked ACLs while fixing lots of unowned
directories. Mailing the owner then failed.

There's another open ticket which is unanswered for several months.
The app crashes and possibly doesn't work much, given that it's only
0.0.1.

The missing packager is also the upstream developer.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:54 PM
"Jon Stanley"

Short circuiting is fine here since maintainer was @redhat and mail
bounces and user didn't update their FAS acct and no other contact
method is known.

This counts as a +1 from a FESCo member, sorry for the top post, I'm
out right now.

On 10/23/08, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Who takes care of issues like this?
>> > Is it necessary to follow the lengthy AWOL procedure?
>> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/468160
>> >
>> I've opened the acl.
>>
>> Would FESCo like to short circuit the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy in
>> this case? It seems like most of the steps in the procedure have been
>> followed except that the opening of the bugzilla bug was done last
>> instead of first.
>
> I didn't start any formal process. This is only one of a few packages
> where I stumbled into locked ACLs while fixing lots of unowned
> directories. Mailing the owner then failed.
>
> There's another open ticket which is unanswered for several months.
> The app crashes and possibly doesn't work much, given that it's only
> 0.0.1.
>
> The missing packager is also the upstream developer.

Sent from my mobile device

Jon Stanley
Fedora Bug Wrangler
jstanley@fedoraproject.org