Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Orphaning some packages

Hey guys,

I've orphaned qa-assistant which is a simple checklist application
written in pygtk. I'm also a negligent upstream for that so if you want
to pick it up, you'll probably want to do some upstream coding as well.
(I *think* the only thing that prevents it from building right now is
the configure script which I'd just convert to
paver/setuptools/distutils instead if I had the time). Let me know if
you want to pick this up and I'll get you access to the upstream source
(presently in svn on berlios.de)

I'm also maintaining the bzr version control system and would love for
other people who use it to take over maintainance of it or some of its
addon packages. Since I've been working on the TurboGears stack, I
haven't had time to package new software or help chase bugs in the
upstream code bases of a lot of the plugins. Comaintainers or packagers
of some of the addons would be greatly appreciated. These are packages
that are in the repository already:

bzr
bzrtools
bzr-gtk

Some of the many addons that aren't packaged::

bzr-bisect
bzr-stats
bzr-dbus
loggerhead
bzr-loom

Note that upstream bzr has expressed interest in merging some of these
into the bzr package if someone wants to do the work to implement a
smoke-screen test and submit the patch that merges it in. (bzr-bisect
comes to mind). This is something that I wanted to help out on but I
have lacked the time. An enthusiastic Fedora maintainer could help out
a lot with little things like that.

-Toshio

Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Hugo Doria

Hi guys,

I want some more time to work on development, so i am orphaning some packages:

gnome-system-tools
system-tools-backends
gtk-candido-engine
gtk-engine-murrine
kdeicons-crystaldiamond
libburn
libisoburn
libisofs
liboobs
listen
murrine-configurator

Let me know if you want to adopt any of these packages.

-- Hugo

Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Allan McRae

Hugo Doria wrote:

Hi guys,

I want some more time to work on development, so i am orphaning some packages:

I will take these, only if no-one else wants them:

libburn
libisoburn
libisofs

Allan

Old 02-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Andrea Scarpino

2009/2/19 Hugo Doria <hugodoria@gmail.com>:
> gtk-engine-murrine
> murrine-configurator
Adopted

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 02-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hugo Doria wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I want some more time to work on development, so i am orphaning some
>> packages:
>>

> I will take these, only if no-one else wants them:
>
>> libburn
>> libisoburn
>> libisofs
>>

> Allan

FYI, libburn and libisofs are in the testing repo. They will need to
be removed from community once they move out of testing.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Allan McRae

Eric Bélanger wrote:

I want some more time to work on development, so i am orphaning some
packages:

I will take these, only if no-one else wants them:

libburn
libisoburn
libisofs

Allan

FYI, libburn and libisofs are in the testing repo. They will need to
be removed from community once they move out of testing.

Great. I was only going to take them as they are optdepends for
brasero. Good to see I won't have to adopt more packages

Allan

Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Marcelo Cavalcante

I could get the kdeicons-crystaldiamond. I love kde..

Let me know when you orphan it. ;]

---

- °v° Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_) Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- ^ ^ GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
- http://blog.marcelocavalcante.net

Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Mike McGrath

I'm orphaning nagios, nrpe and nagios-plugins. I just don't use them
anymore. If you use them and want to help out, get too it!

-Mike

Old 01-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Peter Lemenkov

Hello All!

2010/1/13 Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com>:
> I'm orphaning nagios, nrpe and nagios-plugins. *I just don't use them
> anymore. *If you use them and want to help out, get too it!

I can take nagios and nagios-plugins. Anyone else volunteering?

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Peter Robinson

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> 2010/1/13 Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com>:
>> I'm orphaning nagios, nrpe and nagios-plugins. *I just don't use them
>> anymore. *If you use them and want to help out, get too it!
>
> I can take nagios and nagios-plugins. Anyone else volunteering?

I'm quite happy to be a co-maintainer of all of the above.

Peter