Old 03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Adam Williamson

Default Orphaning some packages

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 09:24 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Dne 14.3.2011 00:31, Christoph Wickert napsal(a):
> > $ rpm -qi easytag
>
> Sorry, I have confused it with ExFalso which is IMHO the best tag
> manager, except it is bound to quodlibet.

I'm an easytag fan along with Christoph. It has a somewhat 'quirky'
interface, but once you figure it out it's extremely efficient.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Michel Alexandre Salim

I'm no longer using some applications, and they'd be in better hands at
someone who uses them more:

gnome-applet-window-picker
libhildon
maximus
pychess
python-nltk

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim

Old 03-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Michel Alexandre Salim

On 03/17/2011 12:12 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

Correction:
> python-nltk

This one is already primarily maintained by Robin Lee; I'm just a
comaintainer except for the RHEL 4 branch which I've now retired.

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim

Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Henrique Junior

I'm sorry to hear that pychess is orphaned. It is the best chess game
and I'd like to take it but I don't have the necessary skills to be a
good maintainer.

2011/3/17 Michel Alexandre Salim <salimma@fedoraproject.org>:
> I'm no longer using some applications, and they'd be in better hands at
> someone who uses them more:
>
> gnome-applet-window-picker
> libhildon
> maximus
> pychess
> python-nltk
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Michel Alexandre Salim
>
> () *ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
> / *www.asciiribbon.org * - against proprietary attachments

Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

Old 03-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Michel Alexandre Salim

On 03/18/2011 06:49 PM, Henrique Junior wrote:
> I'm sorry to hear that pychess is orphaned. It is the best chess game
> and I'd like to take it but I don't have the necessary skills to be a
> good maintainer.

It's a good chess game, unfortunately it does have weird corner cases
where some processes would consume 100% of CPU, and there are tons of
abrt bugs filed that I don't have the time to debug.

Michel Alexandre Salim

Old 03-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Bill Nottingham

Andrea Veri (averi@fedoraproject.org) said:
> > Hi Andrea,
> >
> > AFAIK, this page is what you are looking for:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages#Claiming_Ownership_of_an_Orphaned _Package_Procedure
>
> You rock, thanks!

Were you going to take this? I use it enough that I may be able to do
a little bit of co-maintenance in terms of shepherding it through the
build system, fixing build issues, etc., but I don't know that I have
time to diagnose crash reports and do lots of liasing with upstream.

Bill

Old 07-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Michael Stahnke

Due to my job changing and me using some of these packages less and
less, I will orphaning several packages.

jabberpy -- (Fedora + EPEL)
jss - (EPEL)
perl-Business-CreditCard (Fedora + EPEL)
perl-Frontier-RPC (EPEL)
php-magpierss (Fedora + EPEL)
php-spyc (Fedora + EPEL)
python-pygooglechart (Fedora + EPEL)
rubygem-merb-core (EPEL)
rubygem-merb-gen (EPEL)
rubygem-merb-slices (EPEL)

stahnma

Old 07-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Keiran Smith

I will be more than happy to take over jabberpy and python-pygooglechart
if necisarry

On 07/25/2011 06:48 PM, Michael Stahnke wrote:

Due to my job changing and me using some of these packages less and
less, I will orphaning several packages.

jabberpy -- (Fedora + EPEL)
jss - (EPEL)
perl-Business-CreditCard (Fedora + EPEL)
perl-Frontier-RPC (EPEL)
php-magpierss (Fedora + EPEL)
php-spyc (Fedora + EPEL)
python-pygooglechart (Fedora + EPEL)