Old 02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Thomas Janssen

Default Orphaning Some Packages

2010/2/13 Brian Pepple <bpepple@fedoraproject.org>:

> freeciv

I would take that. I still love to play it. Upstream is active.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium

Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Till Maas

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 09:21:58PM +0100, Alain Portal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le samedi 13 février 2010 20:34:16, Brian Pepple a écrit :
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm orphaning the following packages:
>
> I think it should be nice, when a Fedora packager say he orphaned some
> packages, he tells why he orphans its:
> - no time to package
> - no use it any more
> - lack of communication with upstream
> - too many bugs reported he can't fix
> - application is obsolete
> - etc.
>
> That could be help to find a new Fedora maintainer, or clearly decide to remove
> the package from Fedora.

I agree totally.

Regards
Till

Old 07-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Chris Lamb

-devel,

I have less time for packaging work these days, especially for packages
I have no personal or work connection to. Therefore, I am orphaning a
bunch of packages.

Even though I have some time available at Debconf, I'm orphaning these
now so that the adopter can make use the Debconf time instead going
forward.

On each of the RFAs I have added notes where I thought it made sense. If
you have any specific questions, please address to the corresponding RFA
bug.

#590772 libgc -- conservative garbage collector for C
#590773 reinteract -- Worksheet-based graphical Python shell
#590774 robocode -- Java programming game based on battle tanks
#590775 reviewboard -- Web-based code review tool
#590776 python-django-djblets -- Re-usable components for Django
projects
#590777 pyke -- Prolog-inspired Python logic programming
toolkit
#590778 trac-spamfilter -- Spam-prevention plugin for Trac
#590779 udptunnel -- Tunnel UDP packets over a TCP connection
#590780 relational -- Educational tool for relational algebra
#590781 decoratortools -- version-agnostic decorators support for
Python

,'`.
: :' : Chris Lamb
`. `'` lamby@debian.org
`-

Old 10-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Neal Becker

I no long use these and do not wish to continue as maintainer:

qct
igraph
python-igraph

Old 11-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Hans de Goede

Hi All,

Unfortunately I don't have the time to proper maintain the
packages below. So I believe it is better to orphan them,
and have just done so.

If you're interested in any of these feel free to pick them up

bochs - Portable x86 PC emulator
I believe everyone is pretty much using qemu now. If not
I hope someone else will pick this up

crystalspace - 3d engine
I packaged this for 2 reasons:
1. so that people who wanted to develop code with it could do
so easily on Fedora
2. to maybe package some games which use this
2. never happened due to lack of good candidates. Currently
upstream has version 1.4, and we are shipping 1.2.x, so for 1.
this package also is useless unless upgraded (bug 585439).

cel - Crystal Entity Layer (CEL)
A scripting language for crystalspace

TnL - A futuristic action flight simulator game
Dead upstream, never really finished / completed by
upstream

TnL-data - data files for TnL

Io-language - programming language
I packaged this as a dep for TnL. Could also be useful
to some people by itself, needs an update to latest upstream
(bug 597451).

Regards,

Hans

Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Aurelien Bompard

I'm orphaning 4 Spring-related packages, due do shrinking free time and
inadequate hardware. Spring is a 3D real-time strategy game.
The packages are :
- spring
- spring-installer
- spring-maps-default
- springlobby

Anyone interested ?

Aurélien
--
http://aurelien.bompard.org ~~~~ Jabber : abompard@jabber.fr
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of

Old 01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Pablo Martin-Gomez

Hi all,

Because of my studies, I have no more time to devote to packaging, so
I'm orphaning the followings:
gconf-cleaner - Upstream dead long time
ago, 1 bug gnome-specimen - Upstream dead too, no bug
qemu-launcher - Another upstream dead, no bug
gtkperf - No more upstream, no bug, but still working fine
skychart - Upstream alive, 3 bugs, have a co-maintainer (mmahut, do you
want to be maintainer?)
notecase - Upstream stopped devel, FTBS bug with a fixed package living
in the F13 repo (I don't know what I have done here)
wifi-radar - Upstream still alive, updated, 2 old bugs (including one
RFE)

Please let me know if you want to take ownership of one of them, I'll
release it. If nobody wants them, I will retire the first three.

Regards,
Pablo

Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Sergio Pascual

I'd like to take skychart

2011/1/5 Pablo Martin-Gomez <pablo.martin-gomez@laposte.net>:
> Hi all,
>
> Because of my studies, I have no more time to devote to packaging, so
> I'm orphaning the followings:
> gconf-cleaner - Upstream dead long time
> ago, 1 bug gnome-specimen - Upstream dead too, no bug
> qemu-launcher - Another upstream dead, no bug
> gtkperf - No more upstream, no bug, but still working fine
> skychart - Upstream alive, 3 bugs, have a co-maintainer (mmahut, do you
> want to be maintainer?)
> notecase - Upstream stopped devel, FTBS bug with a fixed package living
> in the F13 repo (I don't know what I have done here)
> wifi-radar - Upstream still alive, updated, 2 old bugs (including one
> RFE)
>
> Please let me know if you want to take ownership of one of them, I'll
> release it. If nobody wants them, I will retire the first three.
>
> Regards,
> Pablo

Sergio Pascual * * * * * * * * * * * *http://guaix.fis.ucm.es/~spr
gpg fingerprint: 5203 B42D 86A0 5649 410A F4AC A35F D465 F263 BCCC
Departamento de Astrofísica -- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain)

Old 01-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Sergio Pascual

I'd like to take skychart

Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 PM