Old 08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Neal Becker

Default rpm question - expand var in 'hereis' doc

In a spec file:

# Create pkgconfig file
cat > emacs.pc << EOF
sitepkglispdir=%{site_lisp}
sitestartdir=%{site_lisp}/site-start.d

The value of %{site_lisp} is not expanded when written into the file. How do I fix this?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Paul Howarth

Neal Becker wrote:

In a spec file:

# Create pkgconfig file
cat > emacs.pc << EOF
sitepkglispdir=%{site_lisp}
sitestartdir=%{site_lisp}/site-start.d

The value of %{site_lisp} is not expanded when written into the file. How do I fix this?

How are you defining %{site_lisp}?

Paul.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Neal Becker

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>> In a spec file:
>>
>> # Create pkgconfig file
>> cat > emacs.pc << EOF
>> sitepkglispdir=%{site_lisp}
>> sitestartdir=%{site_lisp}/site-start.d
>>
>> The value of %{site_lisp} is not expanded when written into the file.
>> How do I fix this?
>
> How are you defining %{site_lisp}?
>
> Paul.

Oh, probably after it was used