Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Martin Sourada

Default New certs woes

Hi,

I'm having several issues with the new certificates, can somebody help
me solve them? I successfully uploaded new ssh key to fas (git push on
fedorahosted.org is working for me), also I replaced the old
certificates with new ones via fedora-packager-setup. Here is the ls:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 mso mso 2725 2008-08-24 10:25 fedora-browser-cert.p12
-rw------- 1 mso mso 8557 2008-08-19 15:49 .fedora.cert
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mso mso 6162 2008-08-20 18:47 .fedora-server-ca.cert
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mso mso 6162 2008-08-20 18:47 .fedora-upload-ca.cert

However, I cannot log in to koji web interface. Firefox (after
confirming an exception for the new koji's ssh certificate) asks for my
certificate, I use the fedora-browser-cert.p12 listed above. Details of
the certificate:

Issued to: E=martin.sourada@gmail.com,CN=mso,OU=Upload Files,O=Fedora
Project,ST=North Carolina,C=US
Serial Number: 00:90
Valid from 19/08/08 15:49:44 to 19/08/09 15:49:44
Email: martin.sourada@gmail.com
Issued by: E=admin@fedoraproject.org,CN=Fedora Project CA,OU=Fedora
Project CA,O=Fedora Project,L=Raleigh,ST=North Carolina,C=US
Stored in: Software Security Device

Then error page appears:

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.

SSL peer cannot verify your certificate.

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_alert)
The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

[Try again]

Any thoughts of what am I doing wrong? I deleted the old certificate
from firefox and imported the new one, also I restarted firefox numerous
times already and still no luck.

Also uploading new sources to cvs is not working for me (cvs co and cvs
update does though):

make new-sources FILES=subtitleeditor-0.22.3.tar.gz

Checking : subtitleeditor-0.22.3.tar.gz on
https://cvs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/upload.cgi...
ERROR: could not check remote file status
make: *** [new-sources] Error 255

Any thoughts what I am missing?

Thanks,
Martin

Old 08-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Daniel Veillard

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:22:18AM +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having several issues with the new certificates, can somebody help
> me solve them? I successfully uploaded new ssh key to fas (git push on
> fedorahosted.org is working for me), also I replaced the old
> certificates with new ones via fedora-packager-setup. Here is the ls:
[...]
> Any thoughts what I am missing?

I had done the update of certificates on Friday and had the same
ssh handshake problems. Not finding out what was wrong today, I just
refetched it after login
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/home
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/gencert

put the new gencert in ~/.fedora.cert
reran /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup
and reimported the certificate in Firefox, restarted Firefox and
now authentication works again.
So my advice is to try again from the start downloading the new
certificate,

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
daniel@veillard.com | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

Old 08-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Martin Sourada

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 15:10 +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> I had done the update of certificates on Friday and had the same
> ssh handshake problems. Not finding out what was wrong today, I just
> refetched it after login
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/home
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/gencert
>
> put the new gencert in ~/.fedora.cert
> reran /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup
> and reimported the certificate in Firefox, restarted Firefox and
> now authentication works again.
> So my advice is to try again from the start downloading the new
> certificate,
>
> Daniel

Thanks! That finally solved the issue for me as well. Both for koji
*and* CVS. Thanks again

Btw. works for epiphany as well, even though I am still unable to remove
the old certificates.

Martin

Old 08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Monday 25 August 2008 03:22:18 am Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having several issues with the new certificates, can somebody help
> me solve them? I successfully uploaded new ssh key to fas (git push on
> fedorahosted.org is working for me), also I replaced the old
> certificates with new ones via fedora-packager-setup. Here is the ls:
>
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 mso mso 2725 2008-08-24 10:25 fedora-browser-cert.p12
> -rw------- 1 mso mso 8557 2008-08-19 15:49 .fedora.cert
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 mso mso 6162 2008-08-20 18:47 .fedora-server-ca.cert
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 mso mso 6162 2008-08-20 18:47 .fedora-upload-ca.cert
>
> However, I cannot log in to koji web interface. Firefox (after
> confirming an exception for the new koji's ssh certificate) asks for my
> certificate, I use the fedora-browser-cert.p12 listed above. Details of
> the certificate:
>
> Issued to: E=martin.sourada@gmail.com,CN=mso,OU=Upload Files,O=Fedora
> Project,ST=North Carolina,C=US
> Serial Number: 00:90
> Valid from 19/08/08 15:49:44 to 19/08/09 15:49:44
> Email: martin.sourada@gmail.com
> Issued by: E=admin@fedoraproject.org,CN=Fedora Project CA,OU=Fedora
> Project CA,O=Fedora Project,L=Raleigh,ST=North Carolina,C=US
> Stored in: Software Security Device
The cert is old. all new and valid certs have a OU of "Fedora User Cert"
please grab a new cert.

Dennis

Old 08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Martin Sourada

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 10:36 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> The cert is old. all new and valid certs have a OU of "Fedora User Cert"
> please grab a new cert.
>
> Dennis

Thanks for the info. I already did it as Daniel suggested. Seems like I
generated the new .fedora.cert too soon :-D

Martin

Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Daniel Veillard a écrit :
> I had done the update of certificates on Friday and had the same
> ssh handshake problems. Not finding out what was wrong today, I just
> refetched it after login
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/home
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/gencert
>
> put the new gencert in ~/.fedora.cert
> reran /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup
> and reimported the certificate in Firefox, restarted Firefox and
> now authentication works again.
> So my advice is to try again from the start downloading the new
> certificate,
>
> Daniel

Which package provides fedora-packager-setup? Trying to locate if but it
is not found
on repository.

Luya

Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:08:50 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

> Which package provides fedora-packager-setup? Trying to locate if but it
> is not found
> on repository.

fedora-packager

yum whatprovides /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup
repoquery --whatprovides /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup

Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Michael Schwendt a écrit :
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:08:50 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>

>> Which package provides fedora-packager-setup? Trying to locate if but it
>> is not found
>> on repository.
>>

> fedora-packager
>
> yum whatprovides /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup
> repoquery --whatprovides /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup

Got it. Thanks.

Luya