Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Tim Burke

Default Hats off to the RH Fedora guys

Dear Fedorans,

There's an old expression: When the going gets tough; the tough get going.

The hardcore Fedora guys here at RH have been as tough, determined,
hard-working and resilient as I have ever seen. It is a privilege to
work among them. They didn't ask for a week of grief. They didn't
deserve a week of grief. This burden was inflicted on them through no
fault of their own. Through it all they have risen to the occasion and
gone well beyond. In addition, they have at all times had the interests
and spirit of the community front and center.

Because this is an ongoing investigation I am unable to articulate their
individual heroics in detail. If you have been lucky enough to meet any
of them at Fudcon, OLS, a local LUG meeting or online, you know who I'm
talking about. You know the magic they perform. We at Red Hat are proud
of every one of them. We stand behind them shoulder to shoulder 100%.

Inside the walls of Red Hat, the word "heroes" has almost never been
used. Glad we saved it for these guys.

In deep admiration
Tim Burke, Director Linux Development ,

Old 08-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Hans de Goede

Tim Burke wrote:

[...]

Yes,

This gets a big +1 from me. Even before the unfortunate events of the last few
weeks the infrastructure team has been doing an amzing job. A big thanks to you
all!

I've especially grown to appreciate all the infra work after being involved in
trying to duplicate the infra for a 3th pary repository. After this humbling
experience I cannot express how happy I'm with the Fedora infrastructure!!

Regards,

Hans

Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Mike Chambers

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 20:05 -0400, Tim Burke wrote:
> Dear Fedorans,
>
> There's an old expression: When the going gets tough; the tough get going.
>
> The hardcore Fedora guys here at RH have been as tough, determined,
> hard-working and resilient as I have ever seen. It is a privilege to
> work among them. They didn't ask for a week of grief. They didn't
> deserve a week of grief. This burden was inflicted on them through no
> fault of their own. Through it all they have risen to the occasion and
> gone well beyond. In addition, they have at all times had the interests
> and spirit of the community front and center.
>
> Because this is an ongoing investigation I am unable to articulate their
> individual heroics in detail. If you have been lucky enough to meet any
> of them at Fudcon, OLS, a local LUG meeting or online, you know who I'm
> talking about. You know the magic they perform. We at Red Hat are proud
> of every one of them. We stand behind them shoulder to shoulder 100%.
>
> Inside the walls of Red Hat, the word "heroes" has almost never been
> used. Glad we saved it for these guys.

+1

Haven't met anyone face to face, but have talked with via emails,
irc,even one or so on the phone, etc.. and am proud of you all for
busting your butts to get everything back online.

Here's hoping that if you had certain ideas that you wanted to implement
on the machines but couldn't due to how it was already working, that you
were able to get them setup even better to your likings so we all
benefit.

Here's a beer and drinks on me :P

--
Mike Chambers