Old 08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Stephen Warren

Default Dual-posting to fedora-devel and fedora-announce

I haven't subscribed to fedora-announce, because I'm subscribed to
fedora-devel, and it seems that common practice is to post announcements
to both lists.

However, there are currently a bunch of infra-structure announcements
being sent only to the announce list.

Is there any policy on whether things should or should-not be posted to
both places? Is it expected that people also subscribe to the announce
list in order to see everything?

Thanks.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Pádraig Brady

Stephen Warren wrote:
> I haven't subscribed to fedora-announce, because I'm subscribed to
> fedora-devel, and it seems that common practice is to post announcements
> to both lists.
>
> However, there are currently a bunch of infra-structure announcements
> being sent only to the announce list.
>
> Is there any policy on whether things should or should-not be posted to
> both places? Is it expected that people also subscribe to the announce
> list in order to see everything?

I was surprised I missed the following for example
as like you I'm only subscribed to fedora-devel:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00012.html

Pádraig.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Ville Skyttä

On Friday 22 August 2008, Stephen Warren wrote:
> I haven't subscribed to fedora-announce, because I'm subscribed to
> fedora-devel, and it seems that common practice is to post announcements
> to both lists.
>
> However, there are currently a bunch of infra-structure announcements
> being sent only to the announce list.
>
> Is there any policy on whether things should or should-not be posted to
> both places? Is it expected that people also subscribe to the announce
> list in order to see everything?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#Join_the_important_Mailing_Lists

It does not mention fedora-announce though, just fedora-devel-announce. I
would have expected to see the infrastructure announcements on both, or at
least -devel-announce.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:44 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 20:11 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 22 August 2008, Stephen Warren wrote:
> > I haven't subscribed to fedora-announce, because I'm subscribed to
> > fedora-devel, and it seems that common practice is to post announcements
> > to both lists.
> >
> > However, there are currently a bunch of infra-structure announcements
> > being sent only to the announce list.
> >
> > Is there any policy on whether things should or should-not be posted to
> > both places? Is it expected that people also subscribe to the announce
> > list in order to see everything?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#Join_the_important_Mailing_Lists
>
> It does not mention fedora-announce though, just fedora-devel-announce. I
> would have expected to see the infrastructure announcements on both, or at
> least -devel-announce.

I apologize for forgetting some channels -- I'll forward the canonical
URL there right now.

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/