Old 08-21-2008, 07:42 PM
"Vasile Gaburici"

Default Looking for new package owners

I can take autotrace and mftrace. I'm about to package more font
generation tools, i.e. mf2pt1 and metatype1. But I have yet to be
sponsored, so it will take a while...

fig2ps should probably be left in the cold, there much better options
for making drawings in/for LaTeX these days. Besides the rpm dates
back to fc7.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Ian Weller

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 02:09:16PM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> I could take lilypond*, if no one else has a burning desire. . .

I could also take lilypond* if nobody else wants to. Jon, if you want
to, go ahead, but if not I can take them.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint: E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Conrad Meyer

I'll take:
> fftw
> glpk

If no one else wants them.

--
Conrad Meyer <konrad@tylerc.org>

Old 08-22-2008, 04:51 AM
"Rakesh Pandit"

2008/8/22 Quentin Spencer <qspencer@ieee.org>:
[..]
> ginac
[..]
> octave
> octave-forge

I will take ginac & octave ... if it is okay with everyone.

will also check with octave-forge

--
rakesh
/me badly needs koji or mirror updates:-/

Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Alex Lancaster

RP> 2008/8/22 Quentin Spencer <qspencer@ieee.org>: [..]
>> ginac
RP> [..]
>> octave octave-forge

RP> I will take ginac & octave ... if it is okay with everyone.

RP> will also check with octave-forge

I'll also volunteer to be a co-maintainer of octave (already
co-maintain octave-forge).

Alex

Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 04:27:10PM -0700, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> I'll take:
> > fftw
> > glpk
>
> If no one else wants them.

I can co-maintain fftw. Seems relevant since it contains a tiny
amount of OCaml. However I don't really have the time to be a full
maintainer of it.

Rich.

software inside the virtual machine. Supports Linux and Windows.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/

Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
"Peter Lemenkov"

Hello All!

2008/8/21 Vasile Gaburici <vgaburici@gmail.com>:
> I can take autotrace and mftrace. I'm about to package more font
> generation tools, i.e. mf2pt1 and metatype1. But I have yet to be
> sponsored, so it will take a while...

I also will to co-maintain autotrace (only co-maintaintership) since I
used it years ago

--
With best regards!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:20 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

>> It's becoming clear to me that I lack the time to maintain all of my
>> packages, as there are a few outstanding bug reports that I'm just not
>> getting to. I think it's time to hand off some or all of my packages to
>> new maintainers. The following is the list of my current packages.
>>
>> atlas
>> autotrace
>> cln
>> fig2ps
>> fftw
>> ginac
>> glpk
>> lilypond
>> lilypond-doc
>
> I could take lilypond*, if no one else has a burning desire. . .
>
>> mftrace
>> octave
>> octave-forge
>> suitesparse
>>
>> Some of these are really easy, but two of them could be somewhat
>> challenging. Octave-forge is getting big and ugly, and it really needs
>> to be split into about 40 subpackages (which could be done
>> incrementally, rather than all at once). Atlas is more or less working
>> but it is really outdated, and it would probably require almost starting
>> from scratch to package the new 3.8.x releases.
>>
>> Quentin

Quentin, just as a reminder, you'll need to orhpan in pkgdb those packages
that others wish to take over before they can do so. As far as I can
tell, pkgdb is working normally.

Not nagging, I just want to get on those bugs before I forget. I have 2
young children, so the lack of sleep can leave me a bit scatterbrained if
I'm not careful.

>> --

> novus ordo absurdum

novus ordo absurdum

Old 08-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Alex Lancaster

[...]

>>> Some of these are really easy, but two of them could be somewhat
>>> challenging. Octave-forge is getting big and ugly, and it really
>>> needs to be split into about 40 subpackages (which could be done
>>> incrementally, rather than all at once). Atlas is more or less
>>> working but it is really outdated, and it would probably require
>>> almost starting from scratch to package the new 3.8.x releases.
>>>
>>> Quentin

JC> Quentin, just as a reminder, you'll need to orhpan in pkgdb those
JC> packages that others wish to take over before they can do so. As
JC> far as I can tell, pkgdb is working normally.

Actually I just tried to add myself as a co-maintainer for octave, but
clicking on the "Add myself to this package" button didn't actually do
anything. pkgdb seems to works OK in other respects such as browsing,
but I'm not sure if modifications are working just yet.

Alex

Old 08-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Alex Lancaster wrote:

"JC" == Jon Ciesla writes:

[...]

Some of these are really easy, but two of them could be somewhat
challenging. Octave-forge is getting big and ugly, and it really
needs to be split into about 40 subpackages (which could be done
incrementally, rather than all at once). Atlas is more or less
working but it is really outdated, and it would probably require
almost starting from scratch to package the new 3.8.x releases.

Quentin

JC> Quentin, just as a reminder, you'll need to orhpan in pkgdb those
JC> packages that others wish to take over before they can do so. As
JC> far as I can tell, pkgdb is working normally.

Actually I just tried to add myself as a co-maintainer for octave, but
clicking on the "Add myself to this package" button didn't actually do
anything. pkgdb seems to works OK in other respects such as browsing,
but I'm not sure if modifications are working just yet.

Thanks, I suspect that when we rebuilt the box we didn't include a
hotfix that fixed this bug. I'll work on getting the changes pushed to
the servers.

-Toshio