Old 08-21-2008, 07:30 PM
"Vasile Gaburici"

Default Is the a package like Debian/Ubuntu's equivs for RPM?

It allows one to pretend some files were installed by the (system)
package manager when they really were not.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:44 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> It allows one to pretend some files were installed by the (system)
> package manager when they really were not.

I think alternatives might fit the bill. RPM also does Provides: in a way
similar to dpkg, where you can have, say, sendmail and postfix both
provide mail-transport-agent or somesuch.

--
novus ordo absurdum

Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Vasile Gaburici wrote:

It allows one to pretend some files were installed by the (system)
package manager when they really were not.

I'm not sure what equivs does but your description sounds like rpm
--justdb is a package-focused version of it. (So if all else fails, you
could create a fake package with the files in question and use rpm
--justdb fake.rpm to add them.)

-Toshio

Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 PM
"Vasile Gaburici"