Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Quentin Spencer

Default Looking for new package owners

It's becoming clear to me that I lack the time to maintain all of my
packages, as there are a few outstanding bug reports that I'm just not
getting to. I think it's time to hand off some or all of my packages to
new maintainers. The following is the list of my current packages.

atlas
autotrace
cln
fig2ps
fftw
ginac
glpk
lilypond
lilypond-doc
mftrace
octave
octave-forge
suitesparse

Some of these are really easy, but two of them could be somewhat
challenging. Octave-forge is getting big and ugly, and it really needs
to be split into about 40 subpackages (which could be done
incrementally, rather than all at once). Atlas is more or less working
but it is really outdated, and it would probably require almost starting
from scratch to package the new 3.8.x releases.

Quentin

Old 08-21-2008, 07:09 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> It's becoming clear to me that I lack the time to maintain all of my
> packages, as there are a few outstanding bug reports that I'm just not
> getting to. I think it's time to hand off some or all of my packages to
> new maintainers. The following is the list of my current packages.
>
> atlas
> autotrace
> cln
> fig2ps
> fftw
> ginac
> glpk
> lilypond
> lilypond-doc

I could take lilypond*, if no one else has a burning desire. . .

> mftrace
> octave
> octave-forge
> suitesparse
>
> Some of these are really easy, but two of them could be somewhat
> challenging. Octave-forge is getting big and ugly, and it really needs
> to be split into about 40 subpackages (which could be done
> incrementally, rather than all at once). Atlas is more or less working
> but it is really outdated, and it would probably require almost starting
> from scratch to package the new 3.8.x releases.
>
> Quentin

novus ordo absurdum

Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 PM
"Deji Akingunola"

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Quentin Spencer <qspencer@ieee.org> wrote:
> It's becoming clear to me that I lack the time to maintain all of my
> packages, as there are a few outstanding bug reports that I'm just not
> getting to. I think it's time to hand off some or all of my packages to new
> maintainers. The following is the list of my current packages.
>
> atlas
> autotrace
> cln

I'll take 'atlas' and 'cln' .