Old 08-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Gerd Hoffmann

Default ssh host keys changed?

Hi folks,

zweiblum kraxel ~# ssh fedorapeople.org
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
07:d4:02:db:9f:70:d5:2d:7f:1b:6a:df:83:73:95:1d.

For Fedora Hosted a new ssh fingerprint was announced two days ago. Not
so for Fedora People though. Any info on this one? Should I be worried?

cheers,
Gerd

Old 08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 02:34:30PM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> zweiblum kraxel ~# ssh fedorapeople.org
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
> @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
> IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
> Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
> It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
> The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
> 07:d4:02:db:9f:70:d5:2d:7f:1b:6a:df:83:73:95:1d.
> Please contact your system administrator.

See

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/fingerprints

Of course verify the SSL certificate on that site too before trusting
the fingerprints there....

Daniel

Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Jason L Tibbitts III

GH> For Fedora Hosted a new ssh fingerprint was announced two days
GH> ago. Not so for Fedora People though. Any info on this one?

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/fingerprints

Assuming you trust the cert on that web site, of course.

- J<