Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 AM
"Martin Langhoff"

Default livecd-creator / anaconda - strange problem with ownership dropped

In summary: installing a LiveCD created livecd-creator, anaconda fails
to set the ownership & group of a couple of directories. Looking
inside the ext3 img (inside the squashfs), the directory owner/group
is set correctly and passwd and group files contain the correct
entries.

This is all on F7 - I am building a F7 livecd in a mock chroot running
F7. The package is a custom package, and it succeeds in installing
things correctly - no errors during the creation of the livecd, and
looking inside the squashfs/ext3 fs confirms that things are right.

The only "oddify" is that the directories that are showing this problem are

/library/xs-rsync/pub
/library/xs-rsync/tmp
/library/xs-rsync/stage

and /library is a mountpoint (containing nothing else at the moment).
The rest of the system is on under a / (root) mountpoint.

Looking at /var/log/anaconda.log there are some odd entries saying
"INFO: set fc of /path to None" for several paths, including /library
and all its contents (literally, every file and directory in the
partition).

Any hints? Possible debug angles I should try?

BTW, if you want to see the %pre and %attrib creating the user/grp -
it is here http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/martin/xs-rsync.git;a=blob;f=xs-rsync.spec.in;h=88a3f492ea8e3e878ea4fefb6d19c98f0f 39ee88;hb=HEAD
- though I doubt it's interesting.

I'm off to grep through the anaconda sources - this is on anaconda-11.2.0.66-1

cheers,

martin.langhoff@gmail.com
martin@laptop.org -- School Server Architect
- ask interesting questions