I am dropping mknbi from F10 for the following reasons:
* NBI images generated by mknbi have completely failed to boot anything
with modern Fedora kernels.
* ELF images generated by mknbi don't work with coreboot with Etherboot.
mkelfimage ELF images seem to work everywhere ELF netboot is expected
to work including coreboot.
* wraplinux NBI seems to work everywhere NBI is expected to work.
* wraplinux is actively maintained by hpa upstream and he instantly
fixes whatever we ask for. Meanwhile mknbi is a steaming pile of
ancient, unmaintained buggy code
* LTSP relies on mkelfimage (for ELF) and wraplinux (for NBI), so there
is no reason for mknbi to exist anymore.
fedora-devel-list mailing list