Old 08-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Jim Meyering

Default updating your ssh keys (e.g., DSA to RSA)

I updated from an old ssh dss key to an RSA one and wrote privately
about it a few months ago. Here's an edited version that might make
the switch safer and less tedious:

http://meyering.net/nuke-your-DSA-keys/

In particular, it links to this Perl script

http://meyering.net/code/ssh-update-key

that has helped me through the transition.

P.S. if running this
ssh-add -l|grep DSA
prints the fingerprint of a DSA key that you use,
then you really should switch, too.