Old 08-16-2008, 07:21 AM
"Vasile Gaburici"

Default FontForge FontView?

According to http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/source-build.html, it's
recommend to install the
FontView bitmap font, which is used to label the font matrix entries,
so you can visually check if you put the glyphs in the right slots.

Shouldn't Fedora be shipping this? I know it's a bitmap font, but
unless you're volunteering to move fontforge out of the X11 font
world, FontView is needed to use it properly.

According to http://khdd.net/kanou/fonts/ff/fontviewfont-en.html,
FontView is a derivative of clearlyU, but with a lot more coverage
(60K+ glyphs vs 9K+). Perhaps we should package FontView instead of
clearlyU?

Old 08-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Nicolas Mailhot

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 10:21 +0300, Vasile Gaburici wrote:
> According to http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/source-build.html, it's
> recommend to install the
> FontView bitmap font, which is used to label the font matrix entries,
> so you can visually check if you put the glyphs in the right slots.
>
> Shouldn't Fedora be shipping this?

Feel free to package it . The clearlyU packager may then chose to
frop his package if he feels the need to.

--
Nicolas Mailhot