Old 08-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default Pushing cmake 2.6 to F9

I've gotten a request to update cmake to 2.6 in F-9. Does anyone have
any objections? There can be some slight incompatibilities, but are
generally easily fixed.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 08-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Rex Dieter

Orion Poplawski wrote:

> I've gotten a request to update cmake to 2.6 in F-9. Does anyone have
> any objections?

no objection, please do.

-- Rex

Old 08-15-2008, 06:23 PM
"Bryan O'Sullivan"

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> I've gotten a request to update cmake to 2.6 in F-9. Does anyone have any
> objections? There can be some slight incompatibilities, but are generally
> easily fixed.

Yes, I object. It has some substantial incompatibilities with cmake
2.4.8 that break some of the software I work on (Second Life). The
bugs in question are fixed in 2.6.1, but I don't think it would be a
good idea to build and push that, either: you'll break *someone*
unexpectedly, and they won't be reading this list until it's too late.