Old 08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Victor Lazzarini

Default Koji proxy question

Dear all,

I am not sure whether this is the right forum, but here it goes.
I am behind a firewall and cannot connect to koji server using
the CLI koji. How does one set up a proxy connection?

Another question, when trying to use the web interface. I cannot
login: I always get an error message from firefox.

Thanks

Victor Lazzarini
Music Technology Laboratory
Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth

Old 08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
nodata

Am Donnerstag, den 14.08.2008, 15:24 +0100 schrieb Victor Lazzarini:
> Dear all,
>
> I am not sure whether this is the right forum, but here it goes.
> I am behind a firewall and cannot connect to koji server using
> the CLI koji. How does one set up a proxy connection?
>
> Another question, when trying to use the web interface. I cannot
> login: I always get an error message from firefox.
>
> Thanks
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Music Technology Laboratory
> Music Department
> National University of Ireland, Maynooth

Error?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Victor Lazzarini

Koji seems to be down now, as I can't even load it on the browser, so
I can't check the error number. Any suggestions as to proxy setup?
A line in /etc/koji.conf does not do anything (proxy = ...) neither
does the http_proxy environment var. Is there not anyone else behind
firewalls?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Mike Bonnet

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 15:40 +0100, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Koji seems to be down now, as I can't even load it on the browser, so
> I can't check the error number. Any suggestions as to proxy setup?
> A line in /etc/koji.conf does not do anything (proxy = ...) neither
> does the http_proxy environment var. Is there not anyone else behind
> firewalls?

Koji uses only ports 80 and 443 (http and https). Does your firewall
not let these ports through?

At the moment Koji does not support proxies directly. It's on our todo,
but it would be a significant amount of effort. Since it only uses
generally-open ports, it was hoped that adding this support might not be
necessary.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Victor Lazzarini

Well, nope, my Uni is very paranoid about security and our
firewall doesn't let anything through (everything goes through
the proxy, either http or socks). I would need to setup an
open access machine, which I am unwilling to do. Or work
with Koji from home (as I have been doing).

I am surprised that Koji does not support proxies.

Victor