Old 08-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Nigel Jones

Default Banshee Orphanage Spree

Hi all,

As I no longer use banshee it seems pointless to try and maintain such a
large package. In addition there are several upstream weirdnesses that
drove me nuts (such us distributing libraries privately) that started
causing weird conflicts with other packages.

All-in-all if you use them and care enough to maintain them, I'd really
recommend it.

The packages are:
* banshee
* ipod-sharp
* libipoddevice
* podsleuth

Banshee has a nasty bug in F-8 (which I intend to file) which makes it
provide ndesk-dbus-glib, and it should be possible to upgrade to 1.2.0
for F-8 now (although it's so late in the cycle it may not be worth it).

Don't forget to take the bugs too!

- Nigel

--
Nigel Jones <dev@nigelj.com>

Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 AM
"Michel Salim"

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Nigel Jones <dev@nigelj.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I no longer use banshee it seems pointless to try and maintain such a
> large package. In addition there are several upstream weirdnesses that
> drove me nuts (such us distributing libraries privately) that started
> causing weird conflicts with other packages.
>
> All-in-all if you use them and care enough to maintain them, I'd really
> recommend it.
>
> The packages are:
> * banshee
> * ipod-sharp
> * libipoddevice
> * podsleuth

I've just taken banshee; seeing as the rest of the packages are not
taken up yet, I'll take them too.

Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/