Old 08-14-2008, 04:16 AM
"Jerry Williams"

Default F10A Why eject CD/DVD after test?

Why are we ejecting the CD/DVD after testing it?
I only have 1 to test, why eject it?

Thanks,
Jerry Williams

Old 08-15-2008, 11:49 AM
"Andy Burns"

2008/8/14 Jerry Williams <jwilliam@xmission.com>:

> Why are we ejecting the CD/DVD after testing it?
> I only have 1 to test, why eject it?

I also have a small peeve with the eject after mediacheck

If remotely installing on a server machine, they often tend to have
laptop style CD/DVD drives which are capable of ejecting, but not
capable of re-closing the drawer, it is possible to shoot yourself in
the foot by allowing the installer to perform the mediacheck and then
being unable to complete the installation (without PXE anyway!)