Old 08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Bodhi down?

Jon Ciesla wrote:

Bodhi gives me a 503. Pkgdb and FAS are fine.

Yes, we're migrating bodhi from releng1 to releng2 ATM. We're working
out a few kinks in that deployment in #fedora-admin right now.

-Toshio

Old 08-13-2008, 06:09 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> Bodhi gives me a 503. Pkgdb and FAS are fine.
>>
> Yes, we're migrating bodhi from releng1 to releng2 ATM. We're working
> out a few kinks in that deployment in #fedora-admin right now.

Cool, thanks.

Did I miss an Outage notification, or was this intended to be seamless?
(No chop-busting is implied, purely curiosity)

-J

--
novus ordo absurdum

Old 08-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Jon Ciesla wrote:

Jon Ciesla wrote:

Bodhi gives me a 503. Pkgdb and FAS are fine.

Yes, we're migrating bodhi from releng1 to releng2 ATM. We're working
out a few kinks in that deployment in #fedora-admin right now.

Cool, thanks.

Did I miss an Outage notification, or was this intended to be seamless?
(No chop-busting is implied, purely curiosity)

You didn't miss a notification. We had to start migrating to releng2
earlier than planned as releng1 was giving us troubles :-(

-Toshio

Old 08-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Luke Macken

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 12:02:18PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>>>
>>> Yes, we're migrating bodhi from releng1 to releng2 ATM. We're working
>>> out a few kinks in that deployment in #fedora-admin right now.
>>
>> Cool, thanks.
>>
>> Did I miss an Outage notification, or was this intended to be seamless?
>> (No chop-busting is implied, purely curiosity)
>>
> You didn't miss a notification. We had to start migrating to releng2
> earlier than planned as releng1 was giving us troubles :-(

Apologies for the lack of a planned outage notification. I was
initially planning on making this a fairly transparent upgrade with very
little downtime -- however, we encountered some issues with the server
that bodhi runs on last night, and I was forced to do the upgrade on the
spot...

Bodhi is up, and you can view/search/comment on updates, but new update
submissions are currently down. We are working to resolve this as fast
as possible. I'll be sending an announcement with more details once
these issues are resolved.

Thanks for your patience folks,

luke

Old 08-14-2008, 02:15 AM
Luke Macken

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:54:18PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:

> >> Cool, thanks.
> >>
> >> Did I miss an Outage notification, or was this intended to be seamless?
> >> (No chop-busting is implied, purely curiosity)
> >>
> > You didn't miss a notification. We had to start migrating to releng2
> > earlier than planned as releng1 was giving us troubles :-(
>
> Apologies for the lack of a planned outage notification. I was
> initially planning on making this a fairly transparent upgrade with very
> little downtime -- however, we encountered some issues with the server
> that bodhi runs on last night, and I was forced to do the upgrade on the
> spot...
>
> Bodhi is up, and you can view/search/comment on updates, but new update
> submissions are currently down. We are working to resolve this as fast
> as possible. I'll be sending an announcement with more details once
> these issues are resolved.
>
> Thanks for your patience folks,

Bodhi should now be usable again.

Please file bugs here: https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/newticket

luke

Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM
"David Nielsen"

Den 14. aug. 2008 04.15 skrev Luke Macken <lmacken@redhat.com>:

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:54:18PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:

> >> Cool, thanks.

> >> Did I miss an Outage notification, or was this intended to be seamless?

> >> (No chop-busting is implied, purely curiosity)

> > You didn't miss a notification. *We had to start migrating to releng2

> > earlier than planned as releng1 was giving us troubles :-(

> Apologies for the lack of a planned outage notification. *I was

> initially planning on making this a fairly transparent upgrade with very

> little downtime -- however, we encountered some issues with the server

> that bodhi runs on last night, and I was forced to do the upgrade on the

> spot...

> Bodhi is up, and you can view/search/comment on updates, but new update

> submissions are currently down. *We are working to resolve this as fast

> as possible. *I'll be sending an announcement with more details once

> these issues are resolved.

> Thanks for your patience folks,

Bodhi should now be usable again.

Please file bugs here: https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/newticket
Might this also have something to do with why koji.fedoraproject.org has been timing out for me for the last hour or so.

- David

Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Luke Macken

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:15:35PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:54:18PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:

> > > You didn't miss a notification. We had to start migrating to releng2
> > > earlier than planned as releng1 was giving us troubles :-(
> >
> > Apologies for the lack of a planned outage notification. I was
> > initially planning on making this a fairly transparent upgrade with very
> > little downtime -- however, we encountered some issues with the server
> > that bodhi runs on last night, and I was forced to do the upgrade on the
> > spot...
> >
> > Bodhi is up, and you can view/search/comment on updates, but new update
> > submissions are currently down. We are working to resolve this as fast
> > as possible. I'll be sending an announcement with more details once
> > these issues are resolved.
> >
> > Thanks for your patience folks,
>
> Bodhi should now be usable again.

...except for `make update` and the bodhi client. I patched our
Makefile.common yesterday to improve the update template, using some
new python-fedora and bodhi API features.

Until they hit updates, you can grab fixed packages from koji:

koji download-build --arch=noarch bodhi-0.5.0-7.fc9

luke