Old 08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Farkas Levente

Default MinGW devel rpms

hi,
is there any place from where i can download the current mingw devel rpms?
thanks.

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Old 08-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Conrad Meyer

Quoth Farkas Levente:
> hi,
> is there any place from where i can download the current mingw devel rpms?
> thanks.
>
> --
> Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Speaking of which, what happened to the effort to get mingw packages into
Fedora? Is there a SIG or a group drafting packaging guidelines, etc?

Conrad Meyer <konrad@tylerc.org>

Old 08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Erik van Pienbroek

Op dinsdag 12-08-2008 om 14:14 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Farkas
Levente:
> hi,
> is there any place from where i can download the current mingw devel rpms?
> thanks.

The MinGW RPM's are still stuck in review :

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?version=&component=&target_milestone=& bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEED INFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&short_desc_type=allwordss ubstr&short_desc=mingw&long_desc_type=allwordssubs tr&long_desc=

You can build them manually if you need them right now.

There is also a SIG being set up especially for MinGW:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/MinGW

Too bad nothing (visible) has happened in the last month as I'm also
waiting for MinGW to enter Fedora.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek

Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Farkas Levente

Erik van Pienbroek wrote:

Op dinsdag 12-08-2008 om 14:14 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Farkas
Levente:

hi,
is there any place from where i can download the current mingw devel rpms?
thanks.

The MinGW RPM's are still stuck in review :

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?version=&component=&target_milestone=& bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEED INFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&short_desc_type=allwordss ubstr&short_desc=mingw&long_desc_type=allwordssubs tr&long_desc=

You can build them manually if you need them right now.

There is also a SIG being set up especially for MinGW:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/MinGW

Too bad nothing (visible) has happened in the last month as I'm also
waiting for MinGW to enter Fedora.

yes, i know that, but i assume someone already build these spec files:-)

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 05:23:05AM -0700, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> Quoth Farkas Levente:
> > is there any place from where i can download the current mingw devel rpms?
> > thanks.
> >
> Speaking of which, what happened to the effort to get mingw packages into
> Fedora? Is there a SIG or a group drafting packaging guidelines, etc?

There was some weird politics from the Fedora board who had a secret
meeting (no records) without telling the MinGW SIG before nor
informing anyone after. I only found out about the secret meeting a
week later quite by chance. As a result I got a bit hacked off about
the whole thing.

Technically there are some fixes required to make it all happen,
mainly to get a cleaner solution to the current hack involving
__os_install_post.

All current work is here:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel/

Please edit the SIG page and submit patches if you want to get
involved.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 60 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)