Old 08-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Jesse Keating

Default major boost breakage

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 17:03 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> sometimes it comes in handy to be able to queue up a mock build where you
> insert packages to test rebuilding in a clean environment. Say in this case,
> first we build a clean libboost, then we insert it into subsequent mock
> builds to test what breaks. I was wondering if mock which is generally
> magical could do that and if so if it was documented.

Mock operates with yum repositories. If you provide a yum repository
with your new build, and point a mock config at this new yum repository,
you can start using your new build in mock chroots, for further build
attempts of other packages.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Kevin Kofler

Petr Machata <pmachata <at> redhat.com> writes:
> cycle Fedora is). So I can have boost un-tagged by releng right away,
> and break the next rawhide to come.

You don't have to ask rel-eng, just:
koji untag-pkg dist-f10 boost-1.36.0-0.1.beta1.fc10
Koji will let you untag packages you built yourself.

Yes, it's against policies. But I don't see how bumping Epoch is better than
untagging a build which was in Rawhide for just one day and which hardly
anybody will have installed anyway due to broken deps.

Kevin Kofler

Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Petr Machata

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 09:37:13PM +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Petr Machata <pmachata <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Koji will let you untag packages you built yourself.
>
> Yes, it's against policies. But I don't see how bumping Epoch is better than
> untagging a build which was in Rawhide for just one day and which hardly
> anybody will have installed anyway due to broken deps.

I've done that at the morning, not knowing there's a policy forbidding it.

Thanks,
PM

Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Kevin Kofler

Petr Machata <pmachata <at> redhat.com> writes:
> I've done that at the morning, not knowing there's a policy forbidding it.

That's OK, building a new package with a higher Epoch can always be done later
if rel-eng/FESCo/whoever thinks it is really necessary and worth being stuck
with the higher Epoch forever.

Kevin Kofler