Old 08-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Christian Iseli

Default Fedora Package Status of Aug 12, 2008

Hi folks,

After a rather long delay, I have managed to update the PackageStatus
page again. In the meantime, we had a new FAS, wiki, and bugzilla...

There are probably many wrinkles, but for now that's the best I got.

Cheers,
Christian

====

Fedora Package Status of Aug 12, 2008

The full report can be found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus

Owners stats:
- 6517 packages
- 10799 binary rpms in devel
- 103 orphans
- 92 packages not available in devel or release
sqlite2
Fedora at FamilleCollet dot com ocsinventory-client
Victor dot Lazzarini at nuim dot ie olpcsound
a dot badger at gmail dot com python-paver
andreas dot bierfert at lowlatency dot de multisync
andreas dot bierfert at lowlatency dot de libopensync-plugin-synce
andreas at bawue dot net perl-HTML-CalendarMonthSimple
andreas at bawue dot net ngircd
bnocera at redhat dot com galago-filesystem
chris at void dot printf dot net ohm
claudio at claudiotomasoni dot it octaviz
claudio at claudiotomasoni dot it qtoctave
cweyl at alumni dot drew dot edu gaim-gaym
davidz at redhat dot com redhat-artwork
dennis at ausil dot us xorg-x11-drv-sunbw2
dennis at ausil dot us prtconf
dennis at ausil dot us silo
dennis at ausil dot us xorg-x11-drv-suncg6
dennis at ausil dot us xorg-x11-drv-suncg3
dennis at ausil dot us xorg-x11-drv-sunffb
dennis at ausil dot us xorg-x11-drv-suntcx
dennis at ausil dot us xorg-x11-drv-suncg14
dennis at ausil dot us xorg-x11-drv-sunleo
devrim at gunduz dot org postgresql-pgpool-ha
devrim at gunduz dot org saxon8
dhuff at redhat dot com appliance-tools
dsd at laptop dot org PolicyKit-olpc
dwheeler at dwheeler dot com minisat2
foolish at guezz dot net pisg
gauret at free dot fr pdftohtml
green at redhat dot com cl-asdf
ivazqueznet at gmail dot com xmlroff
jafo at tummy dot com python-mechanoid
jbowes at redhat dot com eg
jkeating at redhat dot com tux
jmp at safe dot ca clement
johan at x-tnd dot be php-pear-MDB2-Driver-pgsql
jorton at redhat dot com newt-perl
kanarip at kanarip dot com rubygem-builder
kanarip at kanarip dot com rubygem-arrayfields
kanarip at kanarip dot com spin-kickstarts
kanarip at kanarip dot com rubygem-attributes
kanarip at kanarip dot com ruby-RRDtool
kushaldas at gmail dot com python-chardet
kushaldas at gmail dot com mediascrapper
kushaldas at gmail dot com translation-filter
kwizart at gmail dot com libproxy
kwizart at gmail dot com iwl5000-firmware
lkundrak at v3 dot sk mon
lkundrak at v3 dot sk perl-Mon
loganjerry at gmail dot com jsr-305
lvm-team at redhat dot com device-mapper
lxtnow at gmail dot com kicker-compiz
lxtnow at gmail dot com python-shout
lxtnow at gmail dot com gnubversion
lxtnow at gmail dot com cgi-util
matthias at rpmforge dot net csync2
mcepl at redhat dot com pyexiv2
michel dot sylvan at gmail dot com python-nltk_lite
michel dot sylvan at gmail dot com liblinebreak
mitr at redhat dot com perl-IPTables-ChainMgr
mmahut at redhat dot com libopensync-plugin-sunbird
mmaslano at redhat dot com perl-Text-Aligner
mmaslano at redhat dot com perl-Wx-Perl-ProcessStream
mnowak at redhat dot com python-id3
mpg at redhat dot com sugar-evince
nalin at redhat dot com slapi-nis
noah at coderanger dot net rainbow
noah at coderanger dot net python-olpcgames
oliver at linux-kernel dot at aboot
paul at all-the-johnsons dot co dot uk ikvm
paul at all-the-johnsons dot co dot uk mysql-connector-net
paul at all-the-johnsons dot co dot uk monotorrent
pertusus at free dot fr grib_api
pknirsch at redhat dot com freeimpi
pvrabec at redhat dot com honeyd
rdieter at math dot unl dot edu pykdeextensions
rdieter at math dot unl dot edu kcometen3
rnorwood at redhat dot com puritan
romal at gmx dot de otrs
rvinyard at cs dot nmsu dot edu idioskopos
rvokal at redhat dot com gaim-guifications
simon at sxw dot org dot uk perl-HTML-Prototype
smparrish at shallowcreek dot net spicebird
splinux25 at gmail dot com drapes
tcallawa at redhat dot com perl-String-Ediff
thomas dot moschny at gmx dot de python-markdown
twaugh at redhat dot com desktop-printing
victor dot vasilyev at sun dot com netbeans-svnclientadapter
wart at kobold dot org tile
xgl-maint at redhat dot com xorg-x11-drv-vermilion
yufanyufan at gmail dot com audacious-plugins-docklet
- 9 packages not available in devel but present in release
Axel dot Thimm at ATrpms dot net freenx
Jochen at herr-schmitt dot de kyum
dbhole at redhat dot com MegaMek
fitzsim at redhat dot com system-switch-java
mclasen at redhat dot com gail
rstrode at redhat dot com rhgb
than at redhat dot com extragear-plasma
varekova at redhat dot com man-pages-da
xen-maint at redhat dot com kernel-xen-2.6
- 12 packages which have not yet been FE-ACCEPT'd...
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_id=222191,231861,431320,449879,455 925
eclipse ben at bagu.org
cyrus-imapd rvokal at redhat.com
pam_usb guidolinfrancesco at email.it
Zile rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
htop maxamillion at gmail.com
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_id=221717,434880,437559,437560,446 991,456281,456892
agg caolanm at redhat.com
tanukiwrapper jesusr at redhat.com
ricci rmccabe at redhat.com
clustermon rmccabe at redhat.com
python-coherence mteixeira at webset.net
xerces-j2 victor.vasilyev at sun.com
aget paul.goessinger at gmx.de
- 1 packages present in the development repo which have no owners entry
s390utils
- 6 orphaned packages, yet available in devel
8Kingdoms eclipse-pydev guake moodss moomps nautilus-share

FE-ACCEPT packages stats:
- 4870 accepted, closed package reviews
- 99 accepted, closed package reviews not in repo
- 25 accepted, closed package reviews not in owners
- 57 accepted, open package reviews older than 4 weeks;
- 88 accepted, open package reviews with a package already in the repo

FE-REVIEW packages stats:
- 234 open tickets
- 116 tickets with no activity in eight weeks
- 21 tickets with no activity in four weeks
- 60 closed tickets

FE-NEW packages stats:
- 796 open tickets
- 504 tickets with no activity in eight weeks
- 91 tickets with no activity in four weeks

FE-NEEDSPONSOR packages stats:
- 73 open tickets
- 18 tickets with no activity in eight weeks
- 13 tickets with no activity in four weeks

FE-Legal packages stats:
- 8 open tickets
- 3 tickets with no activity in eight weeks
- 1 tickets with no activity in four weeks

OPEN-BUGS packages stats:
- 8504 open tickets
- 5052 tickets with no activity in eight weeks
- 1118 tickets with no activity in four weeks

CVS stats:
- 6517 packages with a devel directory
- 4 packages with no owners entry
F-8 glibc32 glibc64 tdma
- 394 packages were dropped from Fedora

Maintainers stats:
- 552 maintainers
- 43 inactive maintainers with open bugs
- 44 inactive maintainers

Dropped Fedora packages:
- 240 packages were dropped since Fedora 7

Comps.xml files stats:
- 2866 packages in comps-f10 file
- 1711 packages missing from comps-f10 file
- 16 packages in comps-f10 but not in repo
- 2827 packages in comps-f9 file
- 1654 packages missing from comps-f9 file
- 4 packages in comps-f9 but not in repo

Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 01:35 +0200 schrieb Christian Iseli:
> Hi folks,
>
> After a rather long delay, I have managed to update the PackageStatus
> page again. In the meantime, we had a new FAS, wiki, and bugzilla...
>
> There are probably many wrinkles, but for now that's the best I got.

Seems like your script does not check for orphans properly. gnome-ppp is
listed both as missing in the devel repo _AND_ orphaned:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Potential_problems
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Fedora_packages_dropped_between_rele ase_9_and_devel

Regards,
Christoph

Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Ville Skyttä

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 01:35 +0200 schrieb Christian Iseli:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > After a rather long delay, I have managed to update the PackageStatus
> > page again. In the meantime, we had a new FAS, wiki, and bugzilla...
> >
> > There are probably many wrinkles, but for now that's the best I got.
>
> Seems like your script does not check for orphans properly. gnome-ppp is
> listed both as missing in the devel repo _AND_ orphaned:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Potential_pr
>oblems
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Fedora_packa
>ges_dropped_between_release_9_and_devel

Is the package's status EOL? If so, it has not been properly marked as such:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Christoph Wickert

Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 09:48 +0300 schrieb Ville Skyttä:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 01:35 +0200 schrieb Christian Iseli:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > After a rather long delay, I have managed to update the PackageStatus
> > > page again. In the meantime, we had a new FAS, wiki, and bugzilla...
> > >
> > > There are probably many wrinkles, but for now that's the best I got.
> >
> > Seems like your script does not check for orphans properly. gnome-ppp is
> > listed both as missing in the devel repo _AND_ orphaned:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Potential_pr
> >oblems
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Fedora_packa
> >ges_dropped_between_release_9_and_devel
>
> Is the package's status EOL? If so, it has not been properly marked as such:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

Not true. I followed all the steps in the list except 5. I did not do 5.
because
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages says
that page isn't up to date anyway and one should better use pkgedb.

Regards,
Christoph

Old 08-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Christoph Wickert wrote:

[...]

somewhat of a tangent -- being able to differentiate between orphaned
and retired packages in the package database is coming soon. maploin
has been hard at work making the UI and the backend use the status field
to mark orphan, retired, and other useful statuses.

-Toshio

Old 08-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Ville Skyttä

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 09:48 +0300 schrieb Ville Skyttä:
> > On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> > > Seems like your script does not check for orphans properly. gnome-ppp
> > > is listed both as missing in the devel repo _AND_ orphaned:
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Potentia
> > >l_pr oblems
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Fedora_p
> > >acka ges_dropped_between_release_9_and_devel
> >
> > Is the package's status EOL? If so, it has not been properly marked as
> > such: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife
>
> Not true. I followed all the steps in the list except 5.

Does not seem so to me.

There's no "dead.package" in CVS and its files are still there (steps 2 and
3): http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/gnome-ppp/?root=pkgs

The package is still listed in all comps-f*.xml.in (step 4):
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/comps/?root=extras

Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Christoph Wickert

Am Mittwoch, den 13.08.2008, 00:28 +0300 schrieb Ville Skyttä:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> > > Is the package's status EOL? If so, it has not been properly marked as
> > > such: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife
> >
> > Not true. I followed all the steps in the list except 5.
>
> Does not seem so to me.

Oh my god, you are correct. I orphaned two other packages, seems that
gnome-ppp got lost.

Sorry for the noise. ;(
Christoph