Old 08-11-2008, 06:36 PM
"Jerry James"

Default No maven2 on PPC64: wait or workaround?

I just tried to build a newly approved package, jsr-305, only to have
it fail on PPC64. The failure is because the build uses maven2, which
does not exist on the PPC64 architecture.

First, there is no FE-ExcludeArch-ppc64 bug that I can find that
mentions maven2. Shouldn't there be?

Second, should I work around this problem? It would be easy to invoke
javac directly for this small package. On the other hand, if I have
to hack up the .spec file to support building with maven when it
exists and support direct javac invocation when it doesn't ... that
.spec file is going to become pretty ugly, and possibly fragile. If I
should not work around the problem, then I should really file a
blocker bug that blocks on [insert # of maven2 blocker bug here],
which doesn't exist, right?

Thanks for any advice,
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/

Old 08-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Deepak Bhole

There is no workaround (other than converting+building with ant
ofcourse). I have received a request from another packager for maven on
ppc64 as well. Rather than waiting until 2.0.9, I think it'll be better
to building the existing one on 2.0.4 for now. It is on my agenda for today.

Cheers,
Deepak

* Jerry James <loganjerry@gmail.com> [2008-08-11 14:37]:

Old 08-12-2008, 03:17 PM
"Jerry James"

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:35 AM, Deepak Bhole <dbhole@redhat.com> wrote:
> There is no workaround (other than converting+building with ant
> ofcourse). I have received a request from another packager for maven on
> ppc64 as well. Rather than waiting until 2.0.9, I think it'll be better
> to building the existing one on 2.0.4 for now. It is on my agenda for today.
>
> Cheers,
> Deepak

Great, then I'll wait for your build to hit the repository. Thank you!