Old 08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Igor Pires Soares

Default BrOffice.org in Fedora 10

Hello!

I saw that Fedora 10 Alpha doesn't have BrOffice.org packages in the
installation media. BrOffice.org is the Brazilian brand for
OpenOffice.org, see bug #358021 for more details.

It would be good if we have this bits included for Fedora 10, since the
packages are small and the use of "OpenOffice.org" brand could represent
a legal hazard in Brazil for Fedora and RHEL, but I'm not sure how to

Besides the inclusion of these packages we will need to make some
changes to comps in order to get BrOffice.org packages instead of
OpenOffice.org ones when user selects pt_BR language in installation.
I've already talked with Caolan, the OpenOffice.org packager about that,
but I need some more guidance about this issue. I'd like to know what it
takes to get that BrOffice.org layer included in the installation media
(if possible) and how to handle it properly.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares
Brazilian Portuguese Localization Coordinator

Old 08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Jesse Keating

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 14:43 -0300, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> I saw that Fedora 10 Alpha doesn't have BrOffice.org packages in the
> installation media. BrOffice.org is the Brazilian brand for
> OpenOffice.org, see bug #358021 for more details.
>
> It would be good if we have this bits included for Fedora 10, since the
> packages are small and the use of "OpenOffice.org" brand could represent
> a legal hazard in Brazil for Fedora and RHEL, but I'm not sure how to
>
> Besides the inclusion of these packages we will need to make some
> changes to comps in order to get BrOffice.org packages instead of
> OpenOffice.org ones when user selects pt_BR language in installation.
> I've already talked with Caolan, the OpenOffice.org packager about that,
> but I need some more guidance about this issue. I'd like to know what it
> takes to get that BrOffice.org layer included in the installation media
> (if possible) and how to handle it properly.

Somebody needs to put up your broffice.org packages for review. The
previous review as closed -> cantfix. Until the packages exist in
Fedora, they can't be included in any spins.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Jesse Keating wrote:

[...]

I can see them in rawhide, I just checked a moment ago.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Old 08-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Igor Pires Soares

Em Seg, 2008-08-11 às 20:41 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen escreveu:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 14:43 -0300, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> >> I saw that Fedora 10 Alpha doesn't have BrOffice.org packages in the
> >> installation media. BrOffice.org is the Brazilian brand for
> >> OpenOffice.org, see bug #358021 for more details.
> >>
> >> It would be good if we have this bits included for Fedora 10, since the
> >> packages are small and the use of "OpenOffice.org" brand could represent
> >> a legal hazard in Brazil for Fedora and RHEL, but I'm not sure how to
> >>
> >> Besides the inclusion of these packages we will need to make some
> >> changes to comps in order to get BrOffice.org packages instead of
> >> OpenOffice.org ones when user selects pt_BR language in installation.
> >> I've already talked with Caolan, the OpenOffice.org packager about that,
> >> but I need some more guidance about this issue. I'd like to know what it
> >> takes to get that BrOffice.org layer included in the installation media
> >> (if possible) and how to handle it properly.
> >
> > Somebody needs to put up your broffice.org packages for review. The
> > previous review as closed -> cantfix. Until the packages exist in
> > Fedora, they can't be included in any spins.
> >

> I can see them in rawhide, I just checked a moment ago.

Yep, they are in rawhide but not in the installation media, at least for
F10 Alpha.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:59 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Igor Pires Soares
<igorsoares@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, they are in rawhide but not in the installation media, at least for
> F10 Alpha.

Let's backup.... do we have the technology hooks right now in
yum/anaconda such that the BROffice.org packages would be installed
only when the pt_BR language selection has been made?

-jef

Old 08-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Jesse Keating

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 15:53 -0300, Igor Pires Soares wrote:

> > I can see them in rawhide, I just checked a moment ago.
>
> Yep, they are in rawhide but not in the installation media, at least for
> F10 Alpha.

Ah, I see, they are subpackages of the openoffice.org source package.
Odd.

Ideally these packages would be added as conditionals to the appropriate
language support groups, and then they'll be pulled in when said groups
are requested.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)

Old 08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Jesse Keating

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 10:59 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Let's backup.... do we have the technology hooks right now in
> yum/anaconda such that the BROffice.org packages would be installed
> only when the pt_BR language selection has been made?

Yes, those should be treated just like the langpacks for said software.
It's all driven by comps.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Jeremy Katz

> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 15:53 -0300, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> > >
> > > I can see them in rawhide, I just checked a moment ago.
> >
> > Yep, they are in rawhide but not in the installation media, at least for
> > F10 Alpha.
>
> Ah, I see, they are subpackages of the openoffice.org source package.
> Odd.
>
> Ideally these packages would be added as conditionals to the appropriate
> language support groups, and then they'll be pulled in when said groups
> are requested.

Umm, except they're different executables. What's the actual expected
behavior if you have both broffice.org-writer and openoffice.org-writer
installed?

This looks seriously weird to me

Jeremy

Old 08-11-2008, 08:12 PM
"Diego Búrigo Zacarão"

2008/8/11 Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com>

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 10:59 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Let's backup.... do we have the technology hooks right now in

> yum/anaconda such that the BROffice.org packages would be installed

> only when the pt_BR language selection has been made?

Yes, those should be treated just like the langpacks for said software.

It's all driven by comps.

So, what's the next step to get it done?

--
Diego Búrigo Zacarão
Linux User #402589

Old 08-11-2008, 08:13 PM
drago01

2008/8/11 Diego Búrigo Zacarão <diegobz@gmail.com>:

> 2008/8/11 Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com>
>>
>> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 10:59 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> > Let's backup.... do we have the technology hooks right now in
>> > yum/anaconda such that the BROffice.org packages would be installed
>> > only when the pt_BR language selection has been made?
>>
>> Yes, those should be treated just like the langpacks for said software.
>> It's all driven by comps.
>>

> So, what's the next step to get it done?

patch for comps?