Old 08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Dmitry Butskoy

Default vacation page in the wiki

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

On 11.08.2008 12:45, Rex Dieter wrote:

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

Andrew Bartlett wrote: How so?

I really am going to try to make a good stab at maintaining the
packages I'm proposing for Fedora, but as I won't list my
'Vacations' in public,

I don't mean to pester, but I'm curious. You have an averstion to
documenting when you won't be available online, why?

I won't publicly document either when I'm on vacation, so I bite and
jump into this discussion:

At least here in Germany it sometimes happens that houses or
apartments from people that put "we'll marry on <day> at <somewhere>
and have a party in the evening <somewhere else>" announcements into
newspapers get robbed while they are marrying, partying or while the
couple is on honeymoon.

+1 for Russia. And I am sure for any country...

Sure, it's not happening that often, but it definitely happens. Okay,
I doubt that any robbers check the vacation page in the Fedora wiki
and say "knurd is on vacation now, so let's go an break into his
house". But it's possible.

Writing a policy with keeping in mind only one "model of a volunteer" (a
casual student?) is not so good. Perhaps the amount of care of
volunteers should be increased a little, as well as an understanding of
who a volunteer might actually be and what around him.

The much bigger problem: If I wanted to get a trojan or something bad
into one of the Fedora packages then I'd try that with a package when
its owner is on vacation for a while. Chances are way lower then that
somebody will notice the evil thing quickly.

To cause restrictive ACL for all packages?

~buc