Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Mamoru Tasaka

Default guake ownership updated

Hello.

Fedora PackageDB (pkgdb) wrote, at 08/10/2008 11:21 PM +9:00:

Package guake in Fedora devel was orphaned by Jean-François Martin (lokthare)

To make changes to this package see:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/guake

Well, it is only one month since this package is approved (by me on bug 450189)
and is imported into Fedora. Would you tell us why you want to release
the ownership of this package so fast?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mamoru

Old 08-10-2008, 09:10 PM
"Debarshi Ray"

> Well, it is only one month since this package is approved (by me on bug
> 450189)
> and is imported into Fedora. Would you tell us why you want to release
> the ownership of this package so fast?

He still has two other packages [1]. So atleast he is not leaving the
project. :-)

If he still wants to orphan it, may I express my interest in taking it
up? I quite like this package.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/lokthare

Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Pierre-Yves

Debarshi Ray wrote:

Well, it is only one month since this package is approved (by me on bug
450189)
and is imported into Fedora. Would you tell us why you want to release
the ownership of this package so fast?

He still has two other packages [1]. So atleast he is not leaving the
project. :-)

If he still wants to orphan it, may I express my interest in taking it
up? I quite like this package.

If you need a hand, I do not mind to help on that, I have been in
contact with the developers for a couple of things...

But I first would like to hear from Lokthare

Regards,
Pierre

Old 08-11-2008, 08:03 AM
"Debarshi Ray"

> If you need a hand, I do not mind to help on that, I have been in contact
> with the developers for a couple of things...

Then you deserve it more than me. :-)

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

Old 08-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Jean-François Martin

Le lundi 11 août 2008 à 08:47 +0200, Pierre-Yves a écrit :
> Debarshi Ray wrote:
> >> Well, it is only one month since this package is approved (by me on bug
> >> 450189)
> >> and is imported into Fedora. Would you tell us why you want to release
> >> the ownership of this package so fast?

Just because i don't use guake anymore and i have some problems with the
last version (0.3.1).
Due to my lack of interest, i won't try to build a package for the new
version so i think it was better to release the ownership to let someone
else take care of this package.

> > He still has two other packages [1]. So atleast he is not leaving the
> > project. :-)
> >
> > If he still wants to orphan it, may I express my interest in taking it
> > up? I quite like this package.

You are free to take the ownership.

--
Jean-François Martin
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Lokthare

Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
"Debarshi Ray"

> Just because i don't use guake anymore and i have some problems with the
> last version (0.3.1).

It would be nice to know something about the problems you had. :-)

Happy hacking,
Debarshi